Help and advice regarding unlocks and general gun structure

This is probably the only post i've seen so far that doesnt question if the game is good or not haha.

i'm happily playing along, not doing too bad, and i occasionally unlock scopes and a laser site, but i cant seem to put them on my guns, yet after i put it down to maybe a glitch, i started a match with a scope on my LMG i never put on.

so i'm thinking, bare in mind its a little confusing, that gun unlocks are for the actual gun itself? apart from the perks like "sprint" and "ammo", and i'm assuming defib soon too for me. so if i unlock a x4 scope on the first american **** weapon, its only for that gun, not even on the opposing forces equivilent?

I kinda preffered it in BC2 were everyone had access to the same weapons, rather than region specific, too many weapons and unlocks, its all too confusing.

i'm sure the battlelog will help but its not loading for me

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I had unlocked sights that weren't showing then in the next match they appeared, sound like a bug.

i think i'm heading down the right track, and it is for specific rifles.

my opposing force support lmg has a holo-scope, and my american assault has a x4, and they are always there on those guns.

[quote user="ChillyHorizon"]

I had unlocked sights that weren't showing then in the next match they appeared, sound like a bug.

[/quote]

Yeah, sometimes they have shown up right away after I unlock a sight or other attachment. But other times I have had to equip them to the rifle. And to the OP, if you check out Battlelog and click on each weapon. You will see the unlock progression for each rifle, carbine or LMG. All of them are the same with a few that have different order of unlock. And yes it is different from BFBC2 where as soon as you unlocked a 4X scope you could put it on any weapon in that class. Now, you will have to use each weapon to unlock sights and attachments.