Help: Active Cammo Elite in Winter Contingency

Winter Contingency -  Mission Start - Legendary

While playing offline, trying to get the 'Pass aLegendary mission WITHOUT dying' achievement, I noticed the following:

Keep a bead on the gate and when the Falcon sets down on the bluff, sprint in a straight line back toward the gate.

As you jump down the last terrace look carefully and you will see an elite with active cammo running past the gate toward the right side of the screen.

I have tried to get him before he gets to the the top of the steps which lead down to the first house. At this point he dissappears into thin air.

I have shot him with the pistol to slow him down but run out of ammo, and aaalmooost got him. Can't get quite close enough for an assasination.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Can he be killed?

If so, how? (I had at least 20 restarts trying last night)

Does it change anything in the game ahead if he is killed?

There must be some Hawt Halo Pros who could help out on this one. Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

yeah hes there but you cant kill him until later on in the mission I think I and my buddies tried all shooting him at same time but to no avail.  its just one of those things

SMURFxOxWAR is incorrect. What you saw (and failed to kill) was a B.O.B. It's a special type of enemy and killing one earns you a special Medal (viewable on Bungie.net). You can read up more on B.O.B.'s on the Halo Wiki.

B.O.B. - Halo Wiki

yes you can kill him but it changes nothing the only thing you get for killing him is a wierd notepad thing you can read just like the terminals on halo 3

[quote user="ModestElf"]

yes you can kill him but it changes nothing the only thing you get for killing him is a wierd notepad thing you can read just like the terminals on halo 3

[/quote]

And before anyone asks, ModestElf is talking about the Data Pads.

one on legendary on every mission if I'm not wrong

Thank you all for your replies.

This forum has been a big help to me with some aspects of the game.

That elite is not a B.O.B, Cody.

B.O.B. is the golden ranger elite who appears randomnly on every level

[quote user="i30au"]

Thank you all for your replies.

This forum has been a big help to me with some aspects of the game.

[/quote]

My mistake, the elite you were talking about was the Secret Elite in Winter Contingency. I was talking about something completely different in my earlier post.