Hellraid Delayed to 2014

Aw. I really wanted this game. Knowing Techland though, their games are kinda rough around the edges. Hopefully this extra time actually does help and they're not just sitting over the procrastinating. The whole "we need to rework the entire magic system" scares me a little bit too.

Article:

[quote user="Article"]

Dead Island developer Techland’s self-described “first-person slasher” Hellraid has been delayed to 2014, Techland announced today"

“If we released our game this year we would have to make too many compromises and the final product probably wouldn’t meet all our promises and your expectations,” reads a post on the official Hellraid website. “That’s why we’ve made a tough decision to release Hellraid in 2014 or to be more precise: when it’s done.

According to Techland, the additional time will allow the team to add new features and game modes for both the single-player campaign and the co-op mode. It will also buy them the necessary time to rework certain aspects of the game based on input from fans during playtesting. This specifically pertains to the magic system, which Techland wants to redesign and create new ways to cast spells.

Hellraid was first announced earlier this year, described as an homage to tabletop RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons.To that end, the title features a “Game Master” system that’s a mix of D&D Dungeon Master and Left 4 Dead’s director system. Hellraid was expected to launch later this year for Windows PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Both Sony and Microsoft titles are being delayed.Considering the weak launch line ups from both I will not be moving to next gen until spring/2015.

A title from the DI developers being delayed is a great thing. While the first DI was awesome it was one of buggiest games Ive ever encountered. Polish/time is never a bad thing for a video game

[quote user="LOWxONxHealth"]

Both Sony and Microsoft titles are being delayed.Considering the weak launch line ups from both I will not be moving to next gen until spring/2015.

[/quote]This is not a launch title, it's a current gen title only.

[quote user="LOWxONxHealth"]

[/quote]This is not a launch title, it's a current gen title only.

Im looking forward to this game, shame it got delayed, might be one of the last current gen titles I pick up along Dark Souls 2.