Hello chaps ,Your opinion plz?

I liked Skyrim but the same old boring loot with slight varations killed the game for me.

How much more would you have enjoyed the game if there were lots of unique armour/weapon sets that you could have found ?

For me it would have mean I stuck with the game to the end instead of abandoning it after a long time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

There's more than enough content to keep me happy, but it would be pretty sweet if you could customise your own unique armour with varying colours and sigil's, same goes for weapons

[quote user="Tam1"]

I liked Skyrim but the same old boring loot with slight varations killed the game for me.

How much more would you have enjoyed the game if there were lots of unique armour/weapon sets that you could have found ?

For me it would have mean I stuck with the game to the end instead of abandoning it after a long time.

[/quote]  Are we talking about the same game?  In my game, there was a huge assortment of standard weapons and armor. I could upgrade and enchant each and every one of these, and even give them my own customized names.  In addition, the 15 or 16 daedric quest items were absolutely unique.  And there were another dozen or so unique weapons scattered about the game.  My only regret is that we couldn't combine our favorite spells and enchants into more powerful and unique combinations.

There is more then enough in Skyrim to keep me busy for a long time. I just got to where I can make dragon scale armor last night. I must have spent 8k+ gold to get 100 skill in smithing. Today I am going to work on enchanting. I can not wait to make my own armor set.

I try to buy as little as possible to build any of the crafting skills. This character did break down and buy some grand soul gems but I check the map for rare ore deposits and mines and go mine malachite, moonstone and quicksilver.  I have just a little more to go and I can make dragon armor but alchemy and enchant are 100 finally.

I have thought about the loot method of reward but how else do you get stuff? Some games give you money and you have to go buy our own stuff and that has an appeal if there is enough variety available. It would, for example, be cool, if everything was available from the start and it could be leveled though some action of the player so that you can get armor or weapons you like the look off, ebony for example, from the earliest levels but have to improve it yourself as you level. I really wish the unique enchanted items could be re-enchanted with what the player would prefer. I love the look of the Nightingale armor on my women but I can enchant better than it has and wish i could customize it. My dunmer  uses the 3 body pieces improved to legendary (because I can do that) and then uses a circlet and jewelry for her magic boost but other than the muffled boots i don't really use the other enchantments.

I thought the game was fantastic, but I agree, I hoped for more unique/rare items. Hopefully that will be down the road with DLC.

LockPicking! I haven't put one point into that yet but its at 85 and still growing. Most of my stuff comes from the fact that our "Skill Level" doesn't have to match the lock anymore like in the old game. I don't have that unbreakable lockpick either. It seems as if there are not enough soulgems around but I'm working on Enchanting right now. Two enchantments on the same weapon or armour? How cool is that going to be. I'm finally a force to be reckoned with that the Thalmor have stopped attacking me. I kicked their butt at NorthWatch Prison.

its just annoying that once you can make the best armor and wepaons, the loot becomes pointless becasue you will never receive anything better than what you already have.

The nice thing about loot is that you can buy houses with it. I only have one and just ran into another little dilema. I'm a companion and we're not supposed to support any war effort. How's that going to work out? As far as Weapons and Armour go though, the list of enchantments is endless. Check in your Smithing list and the differences are just about as endless.

Theres a shed load of uniques! OP if you list every Unique item you have, then we'll see if your entitled to you opinion :)