Helicopters??

So will their be choppers in the game or will their only be jets? Also how will they balance this? Will they be on the same maps? So surely a jet could easily take out a helicopter without any contest, and the blackhawk would become a death trap with jets around. A jet pilot getting 5 kills with one guided rocket seems very unfair, and I can just see helicopters being used as quick ditch and capture vehicles(QUAD BIKE). Even the combat helicopters(apache etc) would not put up much of a fight unless fitted with guided missiles too. Your opinions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Obviously, there will be Choppers.

Depending on the maps, some will have both, either, or.

Jets cant take Choppers out easily unless they hit them with their autocannons. Missiles don't really work because the chopper can easily out manuevar a jet and flares can just divert the missiles. And it takes more than 1 missile todestroy a chopper. So there, balance solved. And FYI, jets dont have guided missiles.

Course, I'm going by my BF2 experience.

They only confirmed helicopters are the Cobra and Little Birds, at least for the Americans. I don't understand why they brought the cobra back, it was replaced by the Apache in the 1990's.

We're playing as the USMC and they use the Cobra\Cobra variants. The AH64's are used by the US Army.

We will know soon enough, but I am interested in some road kills with jets.

[quote user="Lt Piedoux"]

Obviously, there will be Choppers.

Depending on the maps, some will have both, either, or.

Jets cant take Choppers out easily unless they hit them with their autocannons. Missiles don't really work because the chopper can easily out manuevar a jet and flares can just divert the missiles. And it takes more than 1 missile todestroy a chopper. So there, balance solved. And FYI, jets dont have guided missiles.

Course, I'm going by my BF2 experience.

[/quote]

Jets in BF2 have auto-lockon if you can aim at your target for like 3 seconds. But the helicopter have flares and can sortof easily avoid missiles.

The best thing to do is that if you are locked on by a jet, switch out of the pilot seat and watch the missiles fly past you.

Confirmed helicopter    AH-6 Little Bird & AH-1Z Viper 

battlefield.wikia.com/.../Battlefield_3 ------- More Info

I wish they can make it easier to fly but not like Call of Duty Black Ops flight controls. I actually want to have gravity pulling me down.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I doubt the helos in the BF3 console willl be able to do half the stuff that helos could do in BF2. BC2 helo flying was easy mode compared to that

...you never played Battlefield 2, did you.

Helicopters on Battlefield 2 were really easy to fly, i hope they bring back the TV guided missles.