Helicopters are ridiculous.

I realize I'm still new at this and I also realize that flying a helicopter takes some amount of skill, but that being said it is way too hard to take down a helicopter.  I got sick of COD because I was tired of people camping to get their kill streaks up so they could ram the sky with awfulness but this is almost just as bad.  There's no way to lock on to a helicopter that I know of and it takes about 1000 machine gun bullets to take it down, but it's more likely the pilot will just land in a safe spot and repair.  Stupid.  I thought tanks were bad at first but no these helicopters just ruin a good game.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yeah there a bummer on conquest if they have a good pilot. get good at tracer darts and the launchers or play rush. I for one hate choppers almost as much as snipers, but to each his own, they paid there money same as me.

lol

Tracers help with taking the choppers down and they do the same for tanks.

Stick either one and they'll be lit up for any Engineer to take down, unless they have that "Smoke" thing on. Then they're going to be a bit harder to take down.

A good chopper pilot on the opposing team is the single most annoying and devastating thing in this game.

[quote user="SleeperSyndrome"]

A good chopper pilot on the opposing team is the single most annoying and devastating thing in this game.

[/quote]

This.

If I encounter one, I just leave the game a find a new one.

Aww c'mon guys I love this game BECAUSE of choppers. I do feel your pain though, if they were to make a change to choppers in the next game I would be fine with them making them slightly easier to take down...over removing completely.

It wouldn't be so bad if that sh*tty ZU-23  would deal a lot more damage.

Yup, choppers in this game are pretty crazily overpowered. And no it doesn't take much skill to do. Learn how to fly in unpredictable patterns and how to aim your rockets and that is an easy 70-0 kill game of Rush. I've done it before.

What I hate is people that only do this. I would stick it out through Oasis Rush so that I could do the same thing to the pilots when it was their turn to defend. But they just leave or switch teams to get the chopper again. So now I just leave, I can't be bothered to play with people like that.

I don't care that much about the choppers.

Almost always have trazers instead of a pistol, or go on the aa. If i don't lag (i often do), they won't stay up for long.

The vads was a blessing for this game. But just because ppl complain less about the choppers now

hehe

flank those enemies, get in their base. place C4 on the chopper, then wait, with in 30 seconds, 2 guys will be happily on their way to circle strafe, then hit the C4. good times for all. Another bonus to this tactic is you keep the other team busy looking for you while to give your team some breathing room to cap objectives.

I am one of those guys that can circle the base and go 67 and 2 at the end of the game but its boring...love the ground game better. I do agree the choppers can be very over powering at sometimes on oasis and all specially when the other team steals the choppers and then its 2 going around the base.....I think their are a very things that can change this...I believe the smoke spec is used way to much and needs to be gotten rid of for the choppers.....I can see if they shot a rocket at you and using it deters the rockets but not a tracer dart.....and the use of the smoke needs to be re timed cause I have literally seen people somehow use it in what seemed to be 5 -10 secs but also a certain amount of carried rockets and ammo for the seated passenger...I do believe if I am not mistaken that battlefield 2 MC had a certain ammo capacity which made it for the choppers to have to go back to refuel if you will and not have constant amount of base over-empowerment