Helicopter showcase is it the hardests?

Is it just me or is winning the one-77 vs the helicopter harder than LP700 lambo vs the biplane? I have tried this on easy with assist off but with traction control and abs on normal sterring. It seems with all assists on dont help. It seems to slow the car down to much. suggestions?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The One-77 can be tough to handle since it's high-powered and RWD with not a lot of aero to add downforce.  The Lambo probably feels easier to drive because it's AWD and isn't prone to losing the back end as much, making it more of a point-and-shoot car.

Best advice I can give is to turn the assists off, and leave them there.  It will seem harder at first, but eventually you'll get used to it once you practice gently feathering the throttle and brake.  That's the key...don't mash on the pedals.  Think of it sort of like you're holding an egg in your hand instead of the controller.  If you quickly squeeze it as hard as you can, it'll explode and you'll have a mess on your hands...literally.  But, if you gradually apply an even amount of pressure, the shell will remain intact.  If you're coming out of a turn, gently squeeze the throttle as you start to straighten the wheels out.  Only floor it when your wheels are pointed straight, or you'll tend to break traction, causing you to lose time.  Same goes for braking...with ABS off, you need to be gentle...squeeze the brake up until the point where you start to feel/hear the brakes start to lock up, then back off slightly and hold it there until you've scrubbed off enough speed.  Basically, it's all about being as smooth as possible with your inputs so as not to upset the balance of the car.

Jackie Stewart did a great piece on Top Gear where he gave James May a driving lesson in a TVR Tuscan.  I highly recommend watching it.

The only other advice I'd suggest is racing some rivals for the event, and watching their ghosts.  Watch the lines they take, make note of their brake lights so you can see when/where they brake, and after a while you'll start to notice areas where you can adjust and beat them.  Maybe on a certain turn you can brake earlier so that you can get back on the throttle sooner (useful if a turn is followed by a long straight), or maybe you can brake a little bit later to carry more speed through the corner.  Maybe you need to use more of the road as you turn...make sure you're always trying to use the entire width of the road to "flatten" the turn as much as possible.

Basically, just practice, practice, practice.  You'll get there.