Heat seeking missiles should be the default weapon on the jets.

The jets are almost 100% useless and defenseless without it. Have the machine gun become a very early unlock.

I was thinking flares should be on for default as well.

As most know, flying a plane without using either heat seeking missiles or flares is impossible.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="SpeckledEagle"]

The jets are almost 100% useless and defenseless without it. Have the machine gun become a very early unlock.

I was thinking flares should be on for default as well.

As most know, flying a plane without using either heat seeking missiles or flares is impossible.

[/quote]

I use neither, and manage very well.  You must be speaking from a personal standpoint.

I doubt for long. One missile, one determined little bugger and you're gone.

But DICE probably nerfed the stinger so much it's probably more useful for anti-infantry duty now.

No, I can cause an Anti-Air rocket to explode mid-air without using flares, ECM, or any other available "perk".  Thus, I last for quite a while.

I use Extinguisher and Rocket Pods... Not Heat Seakers and flares. Most pilots are terrible anyway.

I use ECM + Air Radar + Guided Missile. I almost never get gunned down so most of my deaths in a jet are caused by myself.

I use air radar + extinguisher + anything and do just fine. I agree however that flares should be a default unlock for new pilots.

I'm more of a helicopter man myself, but some of my buddies do real well with the jet's standard machine gun.

The Jet standard gun is my favourite anyway, the only time I use rocket pods is when I take out armour in conquest. In Rush  using the gun is easy enough (damage decreases and increases respectively).

Heat seekers on the jets are useless. If an enemy jet pilot is using heat seekers I take that as a back-handed message from him that he is no threat and I can just focus on his team's tanks, and get to him when I have time.

^ depends, if you got ECM jammer and the pilot knows what slowing down it, your screwed.