Hearthfire freezing glitch

My game likes to freeze when I'm in my Hearthfire house. Sometimes it does it as soon as I walk in the door. And when I load the autosave it freezes again. I noticed it happens more frequently after a bandit or wolf attack so I've just been fast traveling away and back to clear the bodies. But lately its been freezing after having been in my house for a few minutes. The sound cuts out and I can't even get the ding sound from the dashboard button.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yes you can

If u delete the dlc can u re install I for free?

Had the same issue after removing all workbenches, clearing the cache, deleting and reinstalling the DLC.  I removed all the NPC's in lakeview and have not had the issue since.

The problem is happening to me at my Lakeshore Manor house, freezing every time i walk into any of the doors. However, my problem started after my brother, (deciding we needed more space on our 200GB harddrive), deleted Hearthfire. Not knowing this i tried to load my character to be prompted with an error message. I go back, redownload it, go to my house, and here we are.

had this glitch many times and restarted the whole game to try and avoid it. Just got it to the point where the game was crashing regular when i was doing my thing in my home and tried your advice. Worked like a treat. Thanks for posting.

I can stop cursing Bethesda, well, till the next glitch.  :)

This kept happening to me all the time. Bethesda support told me to remove all workbenches.  Havent had a problem since so you should try that

Best to delete before redownloading.

do you have to delete it and then install or can you just download over it?

I have same problem only with Lakeshore Manor house so far.  I have cleaned cache and still having same problem. Guess  I'll try re-installing HeartFire.

Well clearing the cache seems to have worked. So far every thing is back to normal and everything is where I left it. Just the "state" of the rooms have changed (like if I left a door open, what song the bard played, where is the horse, the plants I planted, ect) and gone back to how they started by default. Even the family including the pet fox is there. Thank goodness too, I'm glad I didn't have to take InnerOregon855's idea and kill my house Carl to fix it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone and hope ya clear out the problem on your ends!