Hearthfire DLC add-on disappears???

I am having trouble with the add-on's not showing up in the game. I've read others had this problem, but one person stated that he was able to fix it by removing a USB stick in the back of his Xbox. I have nothing plugged into any USB ports on my xbox and im still getting the vanishing add-ons. I followed the posts of others and tried deleting everything, clearing the cache, re-start, re-installing, using an external hard-drive, even tried transfering my License (which I knew wouldn't do anything, as I downloaded the dlc with this gamertag/counsel...) Any suggestions would be helpful.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 86 Applies to:

Hey there Adam! When you look in the Storage, do you see this DLC there? Does it have an ! icon next to it?

Also, can you please try removing your current storage device and use a different one, either a Hard Drive or USB device. Try downloading your content there and see if that helps. Let us know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In my Storage I see the "Hearthfire" dlc and it has the Skyrim icon next to it like the other saves and title update does. It is NOT the yellow circle with the ! in it, meaning corrupted. Also Hearthfire is showing purchased in my Xbox LIVE download history. In the game when you select the "Add-on" option and then it says that nothing's there, I push "Y" and go to the downloadable content for Skyrim and Hearthfire is checked off (meaning I've downloaded it). For the heck of it I re-download it and nothing. So Xbox live is at least showing that I've purchased it and I know it's on my HD.

Yes, I had already tried completely removing my 320gb HD and completely downloading it to a different HD, no luck either. I read on other pages that someone may have a "dead sector" in their HD, but I find this very hard to believe, as I've had no other problems with any other games/dlc's yet and I purchased the 320gb HD, with the LEGO:Star Wars download code, which is made by Xbox, not some cheap knock-off. Also, I've deleted and re-downloaded Hearthfire probably fifty times now in a vain attempt that it would magically appear. This is getting extremely frustrating.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, now ALL my DLC is missing, and other games are starting to mess up. Went to play Mass Effect the other day and it says it's unable to find the last save and the DLC for it wont show up. Went to play Oblivion and none of the DLC's work for that and it wont save at all. (for Oblivion) I save my game, go to the load screen, and it's not there. Hearthfire is still messed up. I wasn't having any of these problems until I downloaded the newest System Update.... Please anybody help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Adam! If you are starting to have trouble with all games' DLC and it persists on multiple storage devices, there may be some kind of issue with your console. Can you try using your storage devices, account, and DLC on a different console to see if you get the same issue? If not, you may need to send your console in for repair. Let us know what you come up with, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem but next to the dlc i found the yellow circle with the i and it is not on my purchase history. How can i download it again or what i need to do ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Belal Adeeb! This thread is nearly 2 years old, and the firmware was a bit different then. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already done. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.