HD Movie Purchase Specs

I tried searching but couldn't find my answer. Would like to know what the specs are for the movies you can purchase via XBL. Specifically the HD movies. Basically compared to Blu-ray. you save a few bucks downloading the movie compared to buying in store, but how much difference in quality is there?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi there.

As far as i am aware blue ray and HD are pretty much the same.

You can always preview something on the xbox marketplace in HD to see what the quality is like. If its good enough for you then you can purchase it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, Blu-ray and HD are not the same. Blu-ray is the media format. Not all content on Blu-ray is HD. Anyway, wondering more of the actual specs, like bit rate, fps, and streaming format for both audio and video.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, Blu-ray it is. Got it for the same price. I am sure they arent hurting but M$, you should think about lowering the your HD purchase price to make it more attractive to people.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Blu ray is a media format than accepte Hd movies with a size of about 50Go; That's allows the BDR to had specifics bonus to the movies. The movies quality will be the same.

Moshy, more in buying the Blu-ray, you will need a reader. And you could only acces it from a compatible screen with the disc.

That's not the case from the market, the movies and series are available everywhere, whenever you want, from streaming to download, from phone to computer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes the 50g allows for extras but movies are typically 20-40g. Movies purchased, not streamed are under 10g. That means lower quality becomes it is compressed. I am also aware I will need a player, that is a no brainer. I am a bit of a stickler when it comes to details, and if I can pay $20 for a digital compressed version or $20 for a disc based uncompressed version, I will take the higher quality version any day.

It seems no one can answer my question on the actual streaming or purchasable quality. No worries, got my movie, I am happy.

Sorry this didn't help.