HD-DVD

HD-DVD had so much greatness in its format, and yet it died after being defeated by BD.

-

The best thing about HD-DVD was definitely that it was Region Free for all, something that BD (Blu-ray) doesn't offer for all Blu-ray films or series, though there's websites that inform which are Region Free and Region Locked.

-

RIP HD-DVD.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 6, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I didn't know all this Phil, great find bro...I have a hard time practicing French with Netflix, that's why I stopped the subscription. I should find one of the add-on players and get some while I can.

[View:http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/70/079Slowpoke.png]

[quote user="PhilMarck"]

HD-DVD had so much greatness in its format, and yet it died after being defeated by BD.

-

The best thing about HD-DVD was definitely that it was Region Free for all, something that BD (Blu-ray) doesn't offer for all Blu-ray films or series, though there's websites that inform which are Region Free and Region Locked.

-

RIP HD-DVD.

[/quote]

Yes to be honest this is probably the only bonus to the PS 3 being equipped with a Blue Ray player.

The films might be region locked but the games are actuall region free.

Unfortunately their Blue Ray player was really really poor... so much so that you HAD to install "Devil May Cry 4" to the hard drive because the PS 3 Blue Ray drive did not spin fast enough for you to play it!

As if that wasn't bad enough... it was a 20 minute install!

Az

I never looked. I assumed the movies were the same as the games.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Daylight was cool. A film about a group holding together for survival.

It's funny that you mentioned Betamax because I have two tapes of it, though, they have no use as I don't have a Betamax Cassete Player.

-

I like HD-DVD more than BD, but they're overall great HD formats.

Bought the film "Daylight" on HD-DVD, it was only £1 so figured it'd be worth it. I'll watch it tonight.

Blu-ray is way better. I didn't know that blu-ray movies were region locked? I sent a bunch home to America to friends that have PS3's. as Christmas presents. I guess they won't be watching them. Oh well, looks like I'll wind up with them.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Betamax? Christ, how old are you :P ?

[quote user="US Revenge"]

HD DvD might have caught on if someone actually talked about it. I didn't know it existed until I heard it was officially dead.

[/quote]

Most people didn't know it existed. It's also been a dead format for more than half a decade now.