HD content not compatible w/4g xBox slim?

Can anyone tell me if it will work on a 4g slim? Yes or no? Want to recomend this game to a friend, but not if he can't install the hd content. Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

@Bubba,Because it would'nt fit on the DVD's that the Xbox runs.It was already on the PS3 version.

I've had the 250G slim since they came out......and I've got just over 100G left on the thing

I had to upgrade to a 250 gb harddrive. Why do they force us to download 1.5 and bigger updates instead of having it already on the disc? Then you just unlock it? I have over 11 gb of extra data just to play BF3. What a waste of space. Dice, get it right next time.

A 4GB XBOX is completly useless - I don't know why they even bother producing them.

^^It was,when i first had my 20Gig,Then BF3 changed all that and i had to start deleting stuff.I recently got slim for my B'day so all is well.

not trying to bust your chops man, but that 4G slim is a waste of money....ALL console games require memory now, M$ knows that....and they sell that 4G version knowing those same people will then promptly go out and pick up a new HDD or a bunch of USB sticks.....though I think a 20G HDD should be plenty for gaming needs

Old post I know but I just purchased bf3 and a slim. It's total bull**** this has not been fixed yet. I have plenty of memory on my internal memory unit for the HD textures. One of these days I WILL go postal and when I do watch the **** out Microsoft!

the HD install is only 1.5 gb guys.

i doubt it will work though, i would suggest upgrading, if he played the beta and thought it looked ok it was with the low es textures.

The same thing goes for Halo Reach.  You are not able to use theater mode without a hard drive.  You were not even able to do co-op campaign and firefight without one until the recent title update.

[quote user="FATBOY0712"]

It makes perfect sense.  Microsoft wants more money so they make you purchase a total overkill hard drive.

[/quote]Of course, MS told DICE to make the game so detailed it would need 2 discs on 360 so people with 4GB drives would be forced to upgrade. Devious plan, n'est-ce pas?