Having trouble with assassins creed 3. Small font and no tooltips

Hello,

last saturday i bought the Xbox 360 240GB with kinect. The kinect game i enjoyed alot and worked properly. Assassins creed is another story though.
Basically, the game works fine. But, i really have a big problem that the fonts are that small that it blurs out, its not readable, i can only guess, so the tasks and tips i get barely help me at all. I resigned myself to primitively follow icons on the map, the bigges one or the reddest one is prolly the one i have to go to -> or something.
Thats not how i like to play a game. Ive been playing it for hours yesterday and i still dont have a clue what im doing.

Apart from that, i have the problem with selecting weapons. The only thing i see is a white icon in a lightgray circle. It gives me some clue of what it holds (weapon, gold, or potions for example) but i can barely make out which weapon is which. It shows no tooltip and, here too, the icons are extremely small. (thumbtip size) i almost have to hug my screen (JVC Interi Art) which is not THAT small but then i come with the problem that i start seeing the tv-pixels, that obviously only makes it worse.

So, my questions are:
1. How will i be able to work out which weapon is which? (Basically, how can i get tooltips, or how can i learn which icon belongs to which weapon).
2. How can i make the texts and icons bigger on my screen?
3. Will the problem be solved if i put a HD cable in between? Or doesnt my TV support HD and will the vision not improve?

I got the TV secondhand, its about 10 years old, i have no guides along with it nor the right controller.
I'm kinda a nab with these things and im from Holland, so, if you explain something to me, please do it step by step.

Thanks alot!

Tessa 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Your TV lacking HD is probably the problem. For some reason developers sometimes don't bother to optimise fonts et al for SD players (Dead Rising is another one) hence the small fonts and icons.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bah what a bummer... I bought an X-box cause i couldnt afford a new pc, now im still forced to spend another what.. 400 euros? for a new tv...

Is HD enough or should i think of Full HD?

Thanks for your answer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.