Having trouble redeeming a code for "Free 160 MS point" can someone please help

I received the below email a few weeks back. When i sign in and try to redeem the code it says invalid code. Can someone with Xbox Forums help?!!!!

Get more for your games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace | View as web page
Get more from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3. Download new multiplayer maps, more special ops missions—even gear for your avatar.
All you need to make a purchase from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace is Microsoft®Points. And we’re giving you 160 free points to get started.* Just redeem the code below to get your points:
XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Call of Duty®: MW3 Collection 1, the largest add-on collection in Call of Duty history, features 4 all-new multiplayer maps and 2 new Special Ops missions.**
Dress your avatar in MW3-themed gear. Suit up in full body armor, get a recon drone, and more.
To get your points from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the web:
1. Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account.
2. Select Redeem Code from the My Xbox® menu.
3. Enter your code.

Blood and Gore
Drug Reference
Intense Violence
Strong Language
Microsoft Studios | Jobs | Forums | Español |  Newsletter |  Mobile | Xbox.com
* Game sold separately. One-time-use code valid for named recipient of this email in the 50 United States (including Washington, D.C.), ages 18 and older. Code is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. Code must be redeemed and Microsoft Points must be used by 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time on December 31, 2012.

** Online multiplayer requires Xbox LIVE Gold membership; sold separately.

If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from Xbox, you may opt out in one of the following ways: 1) update your contact preferences here2) select Privacy Settings under Edit Gamer Profile on your Xbox 360 console, 3) select the Info Sharing option in Account Management for the Original Xbox LIVE Dashboard, or 4) reply to this email with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preferences are reflected in our system. You may still receive previously initiated promotional communications from Xbox during that time.

To set your contact preferences for other Microsoft communications, click here. These settings will not affect any mandatory service communications that are considered part of certain Microsoft services.

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

© 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

is there really a code or just a bunch of x's?

Its just a bunch of x's. When I click on any link it takes me to the redeem  page but I have to enter in the code which I enter in the x's. Its not like you click a link and it puts in a actual code in the redeem spot. The email I copied is the actual email I received. 

That's why it's invalid. I would call the xbox hot line and tell them about this email you received without a code and if necessary direct them to this thread.