having trouble on hardcore

ok so the first save i did was at chapter 5,had no trouble their,i try and get to chapter 10 for second save and died at chapter 7,at chapter 6 i had no problem killing the brute (tough guy,big with armor) ok so of course im pissed so i get off a couple weeks later i try again and i die at the chapter 6 cuz of brute. i was usin javelin with secondary but it looked like it wasnt even fazing him but it also dosent help that i barely worked on upgrading my stasis so stasis wasnt any help eirher so any tips DS2 players

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I always saved a couple of stasis packs for brutes.  On my hardcore run I kept the contact beam with me at all times to sell the ammo, and to kill brutes.  Even a non-upgraded contact beam can take out a brute in stasis pretty fast.  Even if you your stasis isn't upgraded, just save or buy a few stasis packs so you can spam that son of a ***.  Just spam that and run in a counterclockwise manner around the brute unless you hit a wall.  Then go in a clockwise manner.

My suggestion for a hardcore run is to upgrade your health first, and then one weapon.  After you do all of the health upgrades and a few weapon upgrades, I recommend doing a couple stasis upgrades.  They can save ammo by allowing you to make the most out of your shots through better accuracy.  Other people might say otherwise but don't even worry about kinesis upgrades.  I also recommend upgrading and keeping the Plasma Cutter with you at all times.  Ammo is cheap, and it's pretty power when upgraded.  You might have more luck with a upgraded PC than a javelin.  Either way either one SHOULD work for you, as long as the brute is in stasis, and you're running in a counterclockwise manner.    

What weapons are you using and how far have you upgraded all of them?

If you don't know already once you reach the disc swap point, that's a free checkpoint.  This means if you die from that point on, you will revert to the start of disc 2 instead of your Ch. 5 save.  However, you have to choose to continue.  If you quit the game by pressing B or turn off you Xbox, you will lose that checkpoint, and have to start again from Ch. 5 next time you play the game.  I saved close to the same spots you did/want to, and had no problems.  You absolutely want to save you last save for the eye drill press thingy.  Trust me.  

If you haven't already, you should read all of the Hardcore guides and tips on these forums.  I found some of the tips to be very helpful.  

Question for you Thookins, or anyone who can answer this.  Are the necromorphs just as hard to kill in hardcore as they were in zealot or are they easier.  Like normal or easy mode.  Hope that makes sense what I'm trying to say.

[quote user="Machete160"]

Question for you Thookins, or anyone who can answer this.  Are the necromorphs just as hard to kill in hardcore as they were in zealot or are they easier.  Like normal or easy mode.  Hope that makes sense what I'm trying to say.

[/quote]It makes sense.  The enemies are as strong as they are in Survivalist difficulty, but ammo drops are as if you were playing on Zealot difficulty.  The enemies aren't really that hard to kill, but they can still kill you very fast.  That's why most people will tell you to upgrade your health first. 

I see you beat the game on Zealot.  That difficulty has more difficult enemies obviously, but Hardcore is much more difficult because if you die, you will most likely lose hours of progress.  Check out more tips from others and myself here, if you haven't already.  Also here.

You are aware of the uber weapon you unlock for beating it, not to mention another suit right?

Thanks for the info Thookins.  Maybe I'll grow a pair and try it.  Eventually.

Good luck!  It's a very intense experience.

Yes it is ^^ Thookins already said most of the tips but what I used for weapons is PC, Force Gun and switched to a Seeker Rifle and ditched the PC but the Force Gun (or Contact Beam if you prefer) will be a great asset. Just take your time and use that stasis. My saves were at 5, 8 and 11. It's a great experience and I know I felt like I accomplished something when I was done, very few games give me that feeling lol.

T is right about the Force Gun.  It is hands down the most useful gun in the game.  It's essentially a shotgun.  If anything gets close, just shoot.  You don't even need to aim.  This gun is your best friend, as it knocks back or kills anything that gets too close.  If you carry two guns, carry the FG, and anything with range.  I also carried the Detonator.  It's really good for laying down traps.  If you've played the game a few times, you'll know exactly where to place a few.  One of those can save you an entire clip from another weapon.  Anytime you remember parts where enemies spawn, just lay a few and wait until they walk into them.  It's a great defensive and offensive weapon.  Plus I always treated it like a grenade launcher.  Just put something in stasis, and hit it with a direct hit.  To recap my weapons for Hardcore were the Detonator, the Plasma Cutter, the Force Gun, and the Contact Beam.

Yeah T, my heart was pounding out of my chest by the very end lol.  Can't think of another game that did that to me.  Man, I can't  imagine using the last save so early.  How many times did you die?  I used my last save at the eye machine and died three times after that at various points before I beat the game.  

I didn't die any after my last save lol. It was at the end of 11 right before you start chapter 12 so you know I was sweating bullets when I got to the eye poke machine lol. That would have been a huge let down to die and go all the way back but I did it. I only died twice during my Hardcore run, once in Ch.10 and once in Ch. 8. When I was in Ch.10 I got greedy and didn't save yet and made a real stupid mistake so it sent me back to 7. Me, being stubborn tried again right away, frustrated, I ended up dying in Ch.8 then! Got really pissed and wanted some kind of progress from basically the 2-3 hours I just lost so I started from 7 one last time and saved at the end of Ch.8 and the rest his history :) great experience, ready for more, bring on DS3!

[quote user="Thookins"]

On my hardcore run I kept the contact beam with me at all times to sell the ammo, and to kill brutes.  Even a non-upgraded contact beam can take out a brute in stasis pretty fast. .

[/quote]ok one thing first uh i didnt pass chapter 7 or is it 8 so i dont have contact beam i am working on mainly a mix which is im upgradin both gun health and stasis slowly my dad gave me advice told me to save right before brute i did it used the seeker rifle and i had no problem killing him WTF!!!

O yeah Seeker Rifle is my favorite gun, can take out enemies pretty easily, especially on brutes when you hit they weak points. I'd say all you need is that and the Force Gun. That's what I used on my run anyway.