Having trouble downloading GTAV from GoD?

I started the download for gta v yesterday around 7:30 a.m. and finally downloaded the next day around 5:30 am, that's 22 hours for a 7gb download!!! either it has a lot packed in that 7 gb or it's not actually 7 gb... I thought the downloaded version was supposed to be like 26 gb or something anyway? isn't that what it is on PS3? I've never had a game download that slow before and I'M STILL NOT EVEN DONE DOWNLOADING THE 4 INSTALL PACKS!! At the rate of speed it's going it's gonna be Saturday before they're are done... I started the first one at 5:30 today and it's 7:18 now and only at 26%. Has it went this slow for everyone or just me and are the install packs the last thing I have to download for it? I don't know if this is the 8 gb mandatory install or if this is still part of the gta download?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sounds like you need better internet, because no downloads should take that long, no matter how big the file. Question: Are you playing any games, or watching anything off the dashboard on the console? Because that will stop the download; if your Xbox is off, that will also stop the download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I bought gta 5 on saturday and the first 7.6 took 24 hours and now the extra addons is taking another 24 hours now. i am guessing that maybe there is too much traffic for the servers where the game is being downloaded from.it took me exactly 48 hours to download. Maybe that might be the cuase of this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.