Having to restart yet again ;(

Hey guys :)

So yet again I am having to restart because this time I have somehow turned into a vampire. I tried to do the quest where you kill someone and take their soul. But when it comes to seeing Falion at dawn, the time is too late and he doesnt trust me and kills me. It's driving me insane. So yet again I have to restart because the save game loads at this bit.

Does anyone know a faster cure, or anyway on how to restart the game and avoid this?

This game is amazing but it's so irritating, I have restarted this 3 times already. And im currently level 20 something. About 21 hours in I believe. :O

Hole2TheHead

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First advice would be to create a manual save before the aforementioned point, also you can turn autosaves off. As for curing vampirism, I think the only way to do it other than this quest is to contract Lycanthropy

I feel like I'm reading reruns. When you kill anyone, don't you look at them to see if they are carrying any good loot? When their label comes up instead of bandit thug or novice necromancer it will say some flavour of vampire. If you see that, because I know it is easy to miss the notice in the upper left that says you just contracted vampirism, check your active effects in the magic menu and it will say in red letters that you are a vampire. At that moment you have 3 days to cure yourself, that's game days. Slurp a cure disease potion or go to the nearest city and find their temple or hall of the dead and activate the shrine. Any shrine will do even one in the wilderness.  I would also suggest keeping a couple of old saves for emergencies. There is no reason for anyone to contract vampirism unwillingly in this game.

I actually contracted Polymorphic Hemophillia on purpose just so that I could do this quest.

It's cake compared to what you had to do in Oblivion.

As Lady said, just find a shrine and activate it.  Hell, even if you aren't sure if you contracted the disease.  You could always play as a sneaky wood elf, as they have a natural 50% resistance to diseases.  Throughout my entire 80+ playthrough, I never once got any diseases.... bow & arrow 4 lyfe.  lol

LOL being a vampire is just cool. No need to worry about that.

Another vampire thread? Never thought Vampires were this hard to keep hold of.

OP, if people are attacking you that means your a stage 4 vamp. To go back to stage 1 you need to feed. To feed on someone, you need to sneak up on them while they are sleeping, try to pickpocket them and it will come up with the options 'Feed' or 'Pickpocket *Insert name here*' choose feed, you will then go back to stage one where no-one will attack you.

There is no need to start your game again because of this> If your struggling  to sneak, remember you vampire powers. At stage 4 you get a power which enables night eye and invisiblity. You can only use it once a day though, the invisibilty will wear off soon as you preform an action (Opening a door/chest, attacking someone, attempting to pickpocket etc)

Hope some of that helps.

Hog is right, become a werewolf. You don't have to change into it, yet you get the 100% Immune to disease perk, which would fix your problem.

yeah I almost quit becuase of this TOO! But someone on here told me that if you persue the wherewolf mode it will quash out the Vampirism, took me off my game for a bit, but all is well an I am NO longer a Vampire, by the way the companions will set you in the right diection in whiterun!

Dude yur not saving enough.  Save, save, and save is the key with these kind of games.

[quote user="Hole2TheHead"]

Hey guys :)

So yet again I am having to restart because this time I have somehow turned into a vampire. I tried to do the quest where you kill someone and take their soul. But when it comes to seeing Falion at dawn, the time is too late and he doesnt trust me and kills me. It's driving me insane. So yet again I have to restart because the save game loads at this bit.

Does anyone know a faster cure, or anyway on how to restart the game and avoid this?

This game is amazing but it's so irritating, I have restarted this 3 times already. And im currently level 20 something. About 21 hours in I believe. :O

Hole2TheHead

[/quote] 

Dear…just play as a Wood Elf you will not turn into a Vampire only a werewolf which you will control, and I hardly use the wolf in me.