Having Netflix issues and I think I know why, but I just can't seem to fix it.

So I've been having this problem where, when I try to watch a title in the Netflix app, the video might play for ten seconds, if that, freeze,  then say "We're having trouble playing this title right now."

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my home network because Netflix works with every other device in my home except my Xbox One. I noticed something very peculiar though regarding the network settings the app thinks I have set up.

First off, it says I'm running a wired connection to the console -- which I'm not -- powered by a "Durango Virtual Network WiFi Adapter."

I've tried signing out of and back into the app, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, resetting my modem AND router, and so on, to no avail.

Anybody have a theory if not an actual fix?

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2018 Views 191 Applies to:

Additional info: My console correctly displays that I'm connected wirelessly, so I don't know why that isn't translating to the Netflix app.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same here for me except I see the error before NetFlix loads.        Also noticed IE wont loa Soundcloud for HuntTheTruth saying browser is outdated.  Not sure if related

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this same exact issue with Netflix on my Xbox One. Plays a show for a few seconds then stops with an error message "We're having trouble playing this title right now." I have done trouble shooting with both Netflix and Microsoft and they both say it's an issue with the other company. I have restored my Xbox back to factory settings, made changes in my router and I used a friends account to see if there was an issue with my account. I get this error no matter what I do. No one at Netflix or Microsoft seems to know how to fix this issue. Amazon Prime and HBO GO work great on my Xbox One and Netflix plays on every other device in my house. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

I contacted Xbox support a few days ago. They told me that they were going to look into the issue and work with Netflix to fix it. Has anyone found a solution?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no word from Microsoft or Netflix about this issue. Has anyone found a fix or heard anything?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just encountered this problem myself just this week when I switched from AT&T to Comcast. I was connected with the ethernet to the modem/router with AT&T, Netflix worked fine but now that I'm with Comcast & it's directly connected to the modem with ethernet cable I get the Netflix error NW-2-5 & when I check view details it shows me I'm wired to Durango Virtual Network Miniport Adapter when I have a Mortorola Surfboard modem. I tried everything on the Netflix troubleshooting page for that error code & nothing seems to work, been googling searching for help & no one seems to know. every other app works fine like Hulu, YouTube, Epix, ESPN & online gaming is fine. has to be something with Netflix just can't find a solution :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey EDZiLLUH!

Sorry to hear about the Netflix issue! Since this is an older thread, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing. That way our community can provide support tailored specifically to you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.