Having issues with my flashlight?

Ok, beginning of the game, I hold down the left trigger and Issac holds up his light for a second, then it goes back down. Sometimes the light doesn't even work, and it makes this obnoxious clicking noise. So essentially, I cant use my flashlight, which is obviously bad lol. Ive checked the controls, but consistently the flashlight comes up, him aiming it, then goes back down. Anyone else have this issue or am I just in position of a crap game. If Im an idiot, please help me out, dont just call me an idiot haha.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hmm.  I'm willing to bet the "clicking" noise you are referring to is the sound the flashlight naturally makes when you raise/lower it (due to the moving parts).  If it for some reason is constantly raising and lowering without you wanting it to, it would sound weird (the normal sound being repeated fast).   Isaac SHOULD be holding the flashlight up as long as you hold LT, just like any other weapon.  Your controller isn't messed up is it?  Is it a normal controller or one that allows turbo buttons?  If I were you I would try another controller, if that's an option.  I've had numerous controllers go out for different reasons, including buttons which didn't function properly.   What you are experiencing is definitely not normal.

What happened when you got far enough to where the flashlight turned into the Plasma Cutter?  Did you experience the same problem, or is fixed?  If you didn't get that far, try to.  It's only about 15-20 minutes into the game if even.  

Thanks a lot, I'll try a new controller, I have another one its just I've never experienced issues with the controller before. He holds it up for almost half a second and then it goes back down. And I haven't gotten to the Plasma Cutter yet considering I'm scared out of my mind to continue without a flashlight. Thanks for the advice though, I'll try that :)

Almost sounds like you have a loose wire in your LT or something. Also don't worry things will jump out whenever you turn off your light or relax for a second lol.

It's funny my last controller had a problem with that very same button, though it completely stopped working. Before you get another conroller, you could try the button on a different game.  Preferably one which uses the LT for aiming.  Like Fallout...  Also, each gun sort of has a flashlight built into it. Once you aim the gun (LT), it turns on.  However, this will not work for you at this time.  If your flashlight will not stay up, nothing else will.  Personally I never used my flashlight, meaning I never walked around while aiming. The game isn't too dark.  Plus I love being creeped out.  Turn off your lights, turn up the volume, and enjoy.  I also turn my cell phone way up so when it goes off, it makes me jump every time lol.

Dead space + Turtle beaches at 2 am = the best way to play

[quote user="Fear Thy Waffle"]

[/quote]Yup.  Love playing DS1 and DS2 late at night/early in the morning.  It's the type of game that HAS to be played when it's dark outside.  Loved TB headphones for a long time.  Note the past tense usage of the word.  Big fan of the SOUND of the TB headphones, but I've had too many problems with the speakers going out (rattling in one of the two speakers).  The new generation of the $60 headphones have absolutely no bass.  I returned them immediately upon hearing them.  The older generation of $60 TB headphones were fantastic.  Way better.  Great sound, great bass.   A person wouldn't know this however if they never owned the older generation of headphones.  Never had a problem those.  I switched to the TB DX 11's so I could once again have some headphones that sounded great (including some actual bass).  Three sets of those went bad after only a couple of months each time.  They obviously make their headphones with cheaper material these days, as they can't handle even a little bass.  I never played them too loud.  Certainly not louder than the old generation of TB's which I never had a problem with even after two years.  My warranty will only last so long and every new generation of their headphones I've owned have been *** so I had to exchange them for the Tritton AX Pro's.  In the end I'm very happy with them.  They sound way better imo.  But then again they have 8 speakers, whereas TB headphones have only 2.  There's really no comparison. Plus the orange lights on the side look sooo dope at night.

Normally I would encourage everyone to get one some TB headphones but I just can't.  The more pricy ones just can't handle what they advertise (bass).  The $60 ones are good entry level headphones for teenagers or someone who doesn't care about bass.  I do recommend everyone getting some sort of surround sound headphones.  They are great for letting you listen to the game loud at all hours while not disturbing anyone.  Just as important they mimic 5.1 or 7.1 surround and allow you to pinpoint anything, anywhere.  They are a tremendous advantage, especially in multiplayer.  In some of my games I could even hear people walking on other side of walls with my TB headphones.  The Pro's are even better.  I can hear people before they even see me. 

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a debate on headphones.  Not really the place but I'm not helping.  Didn't mean to offend anyone.  Just stating the truth.

I was curious so I glanced at your achievements OP.  Before you had none, and now you have two.  Including the one where you dismember 25 necros.  So your problem's fixed I  take it?  

I got some Turtle Beach PX21's the other day. I like them a lot. Was hearing sounds in this game and in others that I didn't hear before without the Turtles. Great buy for the money so far.

[/quote]forget turtle beach bro my dad got surround sound speakers two in front and two behind the couches and when that *** plays it sounds freaking awesome

[quote user="KID X R3V3NG3"]

[/quote]forget turtle beach bro my dad got surround sound speakers two in front and two behind the couches and when that *** plays it sounds freaking awesome

[/quote]Two in front, and two behind?  What kind of surround sound is that?  Dolby Digital 4.1?  Never heard of that.  You should ask your dad where the 5th and arguably most important center channel speaker went.  Besides my headphones, I have a 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS system that puts out about 600 watts through the 5 speakers.  Then I have a 450 (rms) 900 watt max 12'' subwoofer that rattles my entire house.  When I had my TB headphones I still enjoyed using those over my 1500 watt setup from time to time.  Trust me, the right model sounds very very good.