Haven't been able to connect to GTA5's GTA Online. Help?

Every time I try to get onto GTA Online I get the error, "The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Please return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later."

I am able to connect to xbox live and play any other game online but I just can't connect to GTA Online for some reason.

I've looked all over rockstar's site for help and I've tried everything. Here's what I've tried:

1. Open NAT (already have that).

2. Clearing cache 3 times.

3. Universal plug and play (UPNP) is enabled on my router.

4. Necessary ports for Xbox Live are open (not closed, anyway)

• Port 88 (UDP) 
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) 
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP) 
  • Port 80 (TCP)

5. Tried wired and wireless connections.

I know it says to have the ports above forwarded to your xbox but I also have an xbox one on my network and that would conflict with it always being online. So that isn't on the table.

Can anybody give me a tip on how I can connect to the rockstar servers because I bought this game for the online when it came out but then the xbox one released and I abandoned my 360. I am now starting to play my 360 again but I have came across this problem with GTA5 and if I can't get it to work I've essentially wasted $60. I can't seem to find a page that says if the rockstar cloud servers for gta5 xbox 360 are online, also, so there's no way for me to know if its an outage or if its on my end.

Answer
Answer

I have fixed this issue by setting my xbox 360 to a static IP and setting my router's DMZ option to that IP.

I first went to the ambassadors chat and a helpful fellow referred me to a chat with an xbox employee after seeing that I've already tried everything that he was going to recommend. The xbox employee saw the same thing and gave me a link to send a support ticket to rockstar (makers of gtav) and the next day I got a really helpful message from them with a lot of options to try. I already tried a majority of them but there were some new ones. I ended up trying the DMZ option and it worked!

I had bought the game at launch and since I wasn't able to connect to GTA Online during the times they had horrible problems with the service I didn't get the free money that they were giving out to people affected. To my surprise, on the second day I logged on and 500k was deposited into my account. (they probably saw my history of trying to connect on their systems almost a year ago) That makes me a happy customer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I was able to connect by setting my xbox 360 to a static IP and then used the DMZ feature on my router for that IP.

I ended up contacting Rockstar support by a ticket and they gave me the DMZ idea.

2 days later I logged in to find 500k in my account. (was 0) I guess they looked me up and saw that I tried to connect a year ago and gave me some money like everyone got a long time ago due to their server problems.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2020 Views 238 Applies to: