have you seen my bifta??

odd occurrence i'm having. i "bought" one of the free biftas as part of the beach bum pack. it's a fun little dune buggy thing to drive around. i don't drive it a ton, but it's been in my garage. one day me and a friend decided to drive it into the military base in an ill-advised attempt at jacking a tank from one of the troops. guess what? didn't work. "your personal vehicle has been destroyed".

-

so now the bifta is destroyed, but what's odd is that mors mutual won't acknowledge that. when i call MM with all other cars in tact, they don't answer the phone. if one of my other cars is destroyed and i call MM, they only offer me the other car and never the bifta for replacement.

-

this isn't a huge problem. it's just a bifta and i didn't use it very often. at the same time, "Bifta (Destroyed)" is still the number 1 option when calling my mechanic for a pickup, and i'm afraid about adding a final 6th car to my 6 car garage (what can i say? i love vespucci beach too much to upgrade) because part of me is worried that the 6th garage spot is still reserved for this missing bifta...

-

any insight on this miscommunication between mors mutual and my mechanic?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You most likely did not put insurance on it. If im not mistaken, having a car before you replace it with the new car "bifta in this case" then your insurance transfers over. Otherwise you just get a tracker and no insurance.

hmmmmmmmm interesting. this MAY be the case... but i seem to recall that the vehicle has been destroyed and had a claim made on it before? but maybe not? honestly i didn't drive it a ton...

-

so if that is the case, that i had a tracker but no insurance, what do i do about replacing it? can i order a new one from southern SA motors and have it "replace" the listing? "Bifta (Destroyed)" still shows up in my mechanic's list of vehicles. any way to get rid of that?

-

and more a question about how garages work, the bifta, obviously, is not parked in my garage. can i park 6 cars in my 6 garage spots, and not have a reappearance of the destroyed bifta affect that? (on rare occasion i've seen destroyed cars reappear in my garage without my making a claim...)

hey! on a related note, i recently saw a sultan cruising around. i'm a fan of the sultan, because i presently drive a subaru impreza (and i'm a fan of the ruiner because of my previous car!). a friend of mine also plays, and he drove an impreza many years ago. anyway, i decided to off *** the impreza and hold it in my garage and let him take it. i took it straight to my garage without putting a tracker or insurance on the car.

-

so he logged in and i drove it out of my garage, let him drive, and he went to the mod shop. they wouldn't let him modify it because it "belonged to another player". okay? i guess you can't do that? whatever, so i guess i'll just sell it, right? well before i could sell it, some ahole threw a grenade at us and destroyed the two of us and the car.

-

so now the car is destroyed. i can't make a claim, because i don't have insurance on it. i can't sell it, because it doesn't exist. and yet it's still listed in my mechanic's "deliver vehicle" list. along with my Bifta (Destroyed).

-

there's got to be a way to clean those lost-forever vehicles out of your mechanic's "deliverable" list...

I TOTALLY FIGURED IT OUT --- SO if anyone is also having this problem, this is the solution. it's quite simple, really. all you need to do is replace the (destroyed) vehicle with a new vehicle in your garage, and your mechanic will overwrite that slot with the new vehicle. then, once you sell that vehicle, the extraneous vehicle will be removed.

-

so for instance, i had a 6 car garage, with 4 actual cars and 2 destroyed cars in my mechanic's list. i drove a gresley in to the garage, and it replaced one of the destroyed cars. then i sold the gresley, and now i have 4/6 cars in my garage, 4 actual cars and 1 destroyed car.

-

because you can only sell so many cars per game day (and because you need to fill all (destroyed) slots before selling them out), i just put two gallivanter's in my garage to occupy the destroyed vehicles. now i'll just sell them when i can to clear the (destroyed) vehicles out of my mechanic's list.

-

pretty simple once you think about it. NOW, let's just hope no jerk blows me up on my way to the garage to sell these cars... because i do NOT have insurance on them!

Karma, that's what you get for trying to use a tank in online