Have You Ever Forgotten How To Play A Game You Haven't Played In A While?

So as the title says, ever dusted off a game from your games shelf and played it again after a long time until suddenly you forgot the controls or objective?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Always happens to me when i let some  games get dust and decide to play it again.

Probably about 100 times.....last week

I don't forget how to play it, but I do kind of lose my touch and it takes 2-3 games to get used to it again.

E.g playing COD too much and then getting used to Gears 2 again.

For some reason, if I don't play Call of Duty for a while and then play it again, I get better at it for the first few matches, then I usually go back to my normal (nonexistant) skill level. DX

Remember always log in to your windows live ID regularly and never wait 90 days between signing in.

It happens to me every once in a while.

Yes.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Of course. That's normal. Can't tell you how many times I've lobbed a granade in Halo when I shouldn't have. Oopsie.

I rarely ever forget controls on a xbox game.  The only time I have ever forgot the controls was on RDR.

That's why in all of my games i slip a little piece of paper in the back of the case under the clear plastic with a drawn (or printed) representation of the controller and buttons and a brief one word or two word description of what each button does as a quick reference guide.  It's a super nifty system for people who don't wanna go through and read the instructions all over again for games that you haven't played in a while.

Any game I haven't played within a month is like that.  I wanted to play Far Cry 2 about a month ago but because it had been over a year, I didn't know where I was at, what I was supposed to do or where I should go.  I ended up taking the game out and putting it up.  I guess I'll have to start it over again.