Have you changed...

When I firsted started gaming it was nothing but Mario and Sonic. Then I found a delightful game called TechmoBowl. Once I found TechmoBowl I was pretty much a sports game player with a few racing games like Jet Moto and Gran Turismo sprinkled in here and there. I was even a huge Grand Theft Auto fan when it first came out. The overhead perspective was awesome.

In the early 2000s I played Medal of Honor and Call of Duty but never did like the WW2 style they offered. I even tried games like Max Payne, Splinter Cell and True Crime but I guess my short attention span wouldnt let me get into those games. It wasnt until 07 when Modern Warfare released that I truly moved away from sports game and gave other games a serious try.

Now after becoming a member of the xbox forums Ive found out about all types of games that I probably wouldnt have touched. Games like Fallout, Red Dead and Mass Effect. So have you changed the types of games your into since you started gaming? Or have you always played anything and everything?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope, I still only play/care for Sonic, Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and Halo.

I don't care for any other games.

When I was a child, I used to only like racing games. I literally wouldn't touch anything else. However, as I've grown older, my taste in games has definitely changed. Now I am only into shooters with one or two racing games sprinkled in there every now and then. Also as I got more into football, I started buying Madden games. Now Madden is pretty much all I ever play.

As a casual gamer I like to try all sorts of games when I can since you never know what a game is like until you play it. But in relevance to your question I would have to say no, I don't think I've changed, I still like and play the same genres of games I was playing 10-15 years ago.

I used to be into racing. But now I'm getting into games with a storyline and also RPGs. Hated RPGs before. And now I HATE sport games more than anything.

not at all  ; i always play what really interest me no matter the genre.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

not at all  ; i always play what really interest me no matter the genre.

[/quote]

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I love to play games. As long it fun to me. I will played it. But I would go to guilty pluesuer for achievements. And if you look my gamercard. You know what game I am talking about.

I play what interest me, but i will go out of the way to research and spend extra for an RPG title. Which "earthbound" got me into the genre.

I've always played a wide variety of games. And that is exactly my problem with this generation (the 360 in particular)... There is no variety.

There is variety but it gets ignored for the same old unfinished crap put out by activision each year and other generic shooters. The games that aim for something new get ignored by the masses and do poorly in sales, so they dissappear.