Have yet to here anything back about my account being hacked

It has now been 31 days (8/7) since my account was hacked and $125 was taken out of my bank account without my authorization. There were a total of 2 transactions (one for 49.99 and one for 74.99) that showed up on my bank statement totaling $125. What makes this worse is that I didn't even get an authorization from Microsoft until that following Thursday that I had even purchased the points so had I not even checked my bank statement I wouldn't of even known for another four days.

I called that Sunday to be told that they would have someone look into it and that it shouldn't take longer than two weeks to get my money back, so I waited 2 weeks before calling back on 8/21. When I had called then I was just told that I need to wait up to four weeks or thirty days for anything to happen so I decided to just wait and go another 2 weeks with my account locked being unable to play any of my saved games on or offline.

It has now been over 30 days and I have yet to hear any response back from anyone. The closest thing I have got so far is an e-mail that I just received today asking me to verify my secondary e-mail address that I was ask to add the when I had initally called over a month ago. It still does not look like my account has even been touched.

I checked my Windows live account today and the extra e-mail that the hacker used is still linked to my account so he knows every time I request a password change, and my secret question is still in Chinese. I dont know how much proof is needed to see that I didnt purchase these points, and from what I've heard I am not the only one this has happened to. I have been a customer with you guys for nearly 5 years now and have yet to have a problem, but after going through this and not only having my account hacked, but I also have to deal with getting the run around every time I call in to check on the status and to top it all off I'm still paying for a service I cant even use. I doubt I will be credited back for the time I couldn't even get on my Xbox and it just seems like Microsoft has sucked even more of my money out of my account for a service I can't even use. For me to have been a gold member for so long and have to deal with this is extremely insulting to me to the point where I would just sell my Xbox and go out and get a PS3.

I need to know what is the status of this. It has been over thirty days and I am tired of just have $125 floating out there in limbo. I would call but not only am I at work, but it has proven to be useless the past couple times I have tried it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there! I'd love to help, but phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) is the only place to get updates on your investigation. Give them a call back and have your SR# from your previous call(s) ready. Don't be afraid to ask to speak to a supervisor if you are not getting the information you need.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just got off the phone and everything was taken care of. I was unaware that the update e-mails were coming to my other e-mail though.

I'm not to sure how to put in customer compliments but the person I spoke to was very good, and a lot better with helping than the person I spoke with 2 weeks ago. She also gave me a reference number if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

there is a survey that comes in the email sometimes (random where you can score based on the call keep the service request number handy so you remeber the call)

Sorry this didn't help.