Have people just gotten THAT good at sniping?

I'm not a sniper, and I have nothing against people who like to snipe, so that's not where I am going with this.  Aside from MW3, I have played all the COD's quite a bit since COD 4 (quite possibly still the best of the bunch).  I don;t recall ever having so many people being able to freely run the map, with the full sniper scope attached (as opposed to say, ACOG), and insta-snipe.  Have people just gotten that good at using the sniper rifles, or has something changed making this more doable?  I find it creates an imbalance to have so many people be able to run with a sniper rifle as if it were an AR, and yet have across-the-map type range.  If it's purely skill, than hats off to them, but I suspect there must be something more to it for the bulk of these people.  There are just too many people who do it, and in COD4, WaW, MW2, or BO1, I simply don't recall this happening (certainly not with such prevalence) so I have to believe something has changed.  Perhaps not.  Thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

People haven't gotten better,  The coding has gotten worse.

"Happy Drinking"

I think people HAVE gotten better. There has been a huge following of just "pure" snipers/quickscopers since then. I mean if you put 80 days played into every COD doing nothing but sniping, wouldnt you have gotten better too. Its tough to run around in MP, playing the objective, and contributing to your team, all doing this with a sniper rifle. Its tough. Definately harder than with an SMG or AR, just saying.

Just seems a bit to common to be completely skill related.  The amount of quick scope snipers between BO1 and 2 seems like a huge leap, whereas from COD4 to WaW to MW2 to BO1 it was a nominal difference.  I guess I look at it with some skepticism as I do with homerun hitters in baseball.  Guy hits 12HR, 16HR, 13HR, 18HR, then drops 54HR out of nowhere.  Something doesn't add up.  Is it possible he just got better, sure.  Is it likely?  Don't think so.   Was it common in MW3?

[quote user="GRECO827"]

I'm not a sniper, and I have nothing against people who like to snipe, so that's not where I am going with this.  Aside from MW3, I have played all the COD's quite a bit since COD 4 (quite possibly still the best of the bunch).  I don;t recall ever having so many people being able to freely run the map, with the full sniper scope attached (as opposed to say, ACOG), and insta-snipe.  Have people just gotten that good at using the sniper rifles, or has something changed making this more doable?  I find it creates an imbalance to have so many people be able to run with a sniper rifle as if it were an AR, and yet have across-the-map type range.  If it's purely skill, than hats off to them, but I suspect there must be something more to it for the bulk of these people.  There are just too many people who do it, and in COD4, WaW, MW2, or BO1, I simply don't recall this happening (certainly not with such prevalence) so I have to believe something has changed.  Perhaps not.  Thoughts?

[/quote]

Have you actually looked at their K/D's?  When you do you will see its much ado about nothing.

The number of toolbags trying to become the next big thing on YouTube has increased exponentially with each annual title.  That and the aim assist generosity seems to have increased as well.  Ingredients for the Perfect Storm of lame IMO.

^^QFT

You've never seen this in MW2? It is 100x worse in MW2 than this game.

You mean skills like this one hit kill?!

[View:http://api.elite.callofduty.com//screenshots/5/4/d/1/0/0/3/0/c/c/8/6/b/1/b/9/a/c/8/3/5/0/f/d/c/a/1/3/4/3/d/9/ops2.xbox.screenshot.16212677950165_med.jpg]

On a related note :

Modded controller sales are up

does that answer your question ?

People running with a sniper rifle arent sniping .... so, no, I wouldnt say someone is good at sniping because they can rng with a sniper rifle.

They might be good at something..... but its not sniping.

A person running with a sniper rifle is no more of a sniper, than a guy laying ads at a door the whole match with an smg is a rusher