Have a couple questions about Reach now

So I just have some random questions about Reach that have popped up.  One, I read that Bungie doesn't control Halo anymore, is there any reason for this?  Two, I was wondering what playlists to play if I wanted to get the Defiant achievements and the rest of the Noble ones.  I played BTB to try to get the Defiant ones, but stockpile never came up?  Lastly, is there any news of a new map pack, because I really hope they come out with a new firefight map.  I hope they put some kind of flying vehicle in it if they do.  Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

yes, they sold it, bungie needed to keep moving in order to make a new game/franchise and move on with the studio,  need another reason?

don't know, don't have the DLC maps yet but will....in time but looks like a stockpile game on a btb game would be somewhat hard and the achievement harder

and who knows, 343 was in charge of the latters map pack and I've heard they were good so maybe they'll come up with new ones sometime soon, maybe starting next year, who knows

[quote user="Boe Boe12"]

So I just have some random questions about Reach that have popped up.  One, I read that Bungie doesn't control Halo anymore, is there any reason for this?  Two, I was wondering what playlists to play if I wanted to get the Defiant achievements and the rest of the Noble ones.  I played BTB to try to get the Defiant ones, but stockpile never came up?  Lastly, is there any news of a new map pack, because I really hope they come out with a new firefight map.  I hope they put some kind of flying vehicle in it if they do.  Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks

[/quote]

1. Bungie sold their rights to Halo back when they first signed on with Microsoft 10 or so years ago. Their contract expired back in 2007 as a Microsoft affiliate, and they wanted to make new games so they did not renew. They were still under contract for 3 more Halo games, so thus we got Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. However, since Microsoft owns the rights to Halo, they keep it. They created a brand new developer called 343 Industries for the sole purpose of carrying on Halo.

~

2. You don't have to play the DLC playlists to get those achievements. However, Stockpile was removed from almost every playlist. Occasionally, it will come up in SWAT, but no one ever votes for it. This makes it tough for people to get this achievement now. You might have better luck with 343's first playlist update if they decide to re-include Stockpile in more playlists. Bungie used to have a page which showed which games were included in which playlists, but it seems that they have removed it.

~

3. We will be getting new maps with the release of Halo: CE Anniversary on November 15th. If you buy the game, you will immediately have access to 6 remade classic maps and 1 new Firefight map for Halo: Reach. If you choose not to buy the game, you will be able to purchase the maps separately at a later date which has yet to be determined.

~

Hope this helped!

I'd also like to add, you can get all 3 of the Defiant achievements by playing a Custom game/match.  As for the Noble ones -- I got 'Cross Mappin' while playing Slayer SWAT on Boardwalk.  Was really easy.  Got the Armor Lock achievement on BTB, same w/ the Offensive Driver as that has to be in a specific gametype.  Double Kill from the Grave I got while playing Invasion, although you can get that w/ any game mode, its really just about luck. Both Barrels I got while playing Infection, 2 zombies ran right at me, got it on my 1st game.  I still need the Stockpile one, its the only achievement I need for the game.  =/

Also, another poster mentioned it... you can get all of these in any map, it doesn't have to be a DLC map.