Hattlefield 3?

now, before you start going lolwut or "troll!", i have an idea for EA to improve the BF series by making friend/foe distinguishment easier.

i propose that we be able to download special side specific additions to uniforms like helmets with small flags above them to tell different sides apart.

since we can spot, but people want to keep nerfing the spotting system and noobs never want to spot people, we could have an indicator to people from afar if the person is a teammate.

this also could fix a glitch that sometimes occurs where an enemy has a friendly tag above their heads.

now you may think that this could destroy stealth, but maybe an American forces team could only see the flag id it were US only, or  they could have a user interface option to disable it for them.

and it's not like stealth is a very big part of battlefield since damaging objectives was nerfed to be an invalid option, and BC2 was very, very chokepointed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

hey rob, why you hatin on my silver shoes?

[quote user="GRAW2ROBZ"]

[quote user="A Toxic Shotgun"]

now, before you start going lolwut or "troll!", i have an idea for EA to improve the BF series by making friend/foe distinguishment easier.

i propose that we be able to download special side specific additions to uniforms like helmets with small flags above them to tell different sides apart.

since we can spot, but people want to keep nerfing the spotting system and noobs never want to spot people, we could have an indicator to people from afar if the person is a teammate.

this also could fix a glitch that sometimes occurs where an enemy has a friendly tag above their heads.

now you may think that this could destroy stealth, but maybe an American forces team could only see the flag id it were US only, or  they could have a user interface option to disable it for them.

and it's not like stealth is a very big part of battlefield since damaging objectives was nerfed to be an invalid option, and BC2 was very, very chokepointed.

[/quote]Cod troller that should be banned.  Nice silver......

[/quote]you have no idea how much lulz i get from this post...

A) this gamertag is a throwback to my old GT

B) i like BF better than CoD

C) you actually know my Gold account as a regular poster

D) this account name should be e-famous to you if you think back to the old forums before the NXE updates made this new forum.

[/quote]Cod troller that should be banned.  Nice silver......

That truely would be hardcore!i could see a lot of players getting kicked for FF though.

I like your idea I think...it goes inline with my idea...some sort of "realistic" game mode that forces a player to rely solely on visual identification of uniforms and insignias to identify allies from enemies...so no IFF markings of any kind...and yes friendly fire would be enabled, right along with some sort of tangible penalty system

Not needed.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

TBH,I never had a problem distinguishing friend from foe,Nothing wrong with your idea though.

and BC2 was very, very chokepointed.

[/quote]

That's the problem right there... BC2. BF3 maps are nothing like BC2 maps though, so stealth will have a lot bigger role than it had in BC2.

it can be a problem in Vanilla BC2, i don't want it to be a BF3 problem...

but of course you can tell the american green from the NVA black of vietnam, because the NVA wear unique hats.