Has your HD Texture Pack installed correctly.

If the HD Texture Pack stopped during installation it might be worthwhile re-installing it as I believe the data may be corrupted by this error. I've done this and was suprised by the difference and I got a friend who had had the same error do the same and he noticed the difference as well, another friend whose pack installed without stopping did the same and didn't see any change. I think if the game partially installs the Pack and stops, then starts again the data is corrupted.

-

You re-install by going into the Xbox menu, go to the system blade (far right), select memory and scroll to Battlefield 3, open the folder and delete the file called HD Textures.

-

To reinstall correctly insert the BF3 disc and start the game, wait till the loading screen with "Press Start" on BUT DO NOT DO ANYTHING. Wait until you hear the disc stop spinning (takes a couple minutes), once it stops spinning press start and then install the Texture Pack.

-

If you do try this and see a difference can you post here and let others know.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 15, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I will have to do this myself as I had the dl stop, but it didnt automatically restart. I had to manual select to re download. Thanks for bringing this to our attention

I did it, and i thought my game looked amazing, Some of you might remember.

-

When Waykam told me this i reinstalled the HD texture pack. and its for real, it looks even better then it already did. Its absolutely amazing now.

-

Just like Waykam said, this only may be the issue if you still remember that the first time you pressed A to install the HD textures, its stoped after a few sec. then you need to press A again. That time it worked, so you think its alright. Well, it isn't.

-

Yes, it looked nice, but with the HD texture pack installed correctly... its even better!.

^^ugh, i hate that I may have missed out. Its like when HD consoles first came out and I didnt know exactly how to set it up. I went and bought a nice HDtv, plugged in my xbox and thought it was the best thing ever....then I was told that I didnt have the component cables that enabled HD. D'oh!

When I first loaded the game I installed the HD texture pack as prompted and it did stop around a third of the way into the install and then restarted it self from the beginning, I followed your advice and manually deleted the HD texture pack from my hard drive and reinstalled it again.

It has definitely improved the quality of the graphics, I was impressed before but now it looks even better. Thanks a lot for pointing this out! I advise any one who's initial install didn't go smoothly to give this a try it really makes a huge difference!

Wow, I had wondered if something had messed up with the install when I had to restart it because my game seriously looked bad. I reinstalled it and it looks tons better. Thanks man.

I put up a post about this the other day along with an easy way to tell if your HD pack is working or not :)

forums.xbox.com/.../119226.aspx

omg this happened to me too when installing..didint think anything of it..gonna go reinstall now.thanks man

Bump

i just checked by uninstalling it,  then played a few games didn't notice much difference

so installed it again and slight improvement but it is still a crock 1.5gb what for !!!

[quote user="dave j h"]

i just checked by uninstalling it,  then played a few games didn't notice much difference

so installed it again and slight improvement but it is still a crock 1.5gb what for !!!

[/quote]

Then you obviously doing it wrong. Because there is a MAJOR difference.