Has a video game ever made you cry?

I'll be the first to admit that a few video games have made me tear up and get all emotional, most recently Halo 4, The Walking Dead, and Bastion. Has a video game ever made you cry? If so which ones?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Black Wolf XCI"]

I'll be the first to admit that a few video games have made me tear up and get all emotional, most recently Halo 4, The Walking Dead, and Bastion. Has a video game ever made you cry? If so which ones?

[/quote]I've never cried at a game, but the closest i have ever come to it was the first time i played AREA 5 on ReZ HD, the sheer beauty of the level combined with the quality of the soundtrack for that particular level was almost enough to make me shed tears of joy...

The original Assassin's Creed bored me to tears, does that count?

I teared up for Gears of War 2, when Dom finally meets up with his woman.

no.

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

I teared up for Gears of War 2, when Dom finally meets up with his woman.

[/quote]I thought that was quite funny, considering you have no clue really who that woman is. Only one person will get this. EEHHH-EHHH!

The closest I got was the end of the original Mass Effect when I thought Commander Shepard died.

Yes, oh yes.

I don't mean to insult anyone, but just picturing someone with their controller in their hands, watching an emotion cutscene of a videogame with tears streaming down their face as they sob...is pretty funny.

This is the mindset of someone who has not cried at a game, or a movie however. I do enjoy emotionally moving movies though. 

The Darkness and Darkness 2 made me want to haha.
Emotional story haha, so damn good though! 

Final Fantasy X is the first game that springs to mind; the end in particular, even though that isn't the only tear-inducing scene.

Can't wait for the HD remake!

I think I might have cried when I was two... not sure. But I was pretty upset when my Xbox simultaneously decided to die, and devour my Halo Reach disk last year... if that counts. I can still remember that horrible scratching noise.