Hardware difference between Slim 4 GB and 250 GB xbox?

This might not be the right forum, but i cant find one that applies better.

I wanted to know if there is any hardware difference between the 4 GB and 250 GB slim xbox?  I know that there is a finish/sytle difference, but wanted to know if there is anything else....like they both have HDMI ports, and all the same internal hardware?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 34 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The difference is the the 250Gb X360 has a 250Gb hard drive, and the 4Gb X360 has a 4Gb internal memory....and that is all.  You can buy a 250Gb hard drive and install it into the 4Gb X360 if you want.

The hardware is the same.

There is no difference in terms of hardware. The 4GB model has 4GB of internal storage space while obviously the 250GB has 250GB storage space. Both have WiFi and a HDMI port.

However the only real difference between the two, is the colour: there are two shades of black between the two, but that doesn't affect anything, unless you prefer one over the other.

There is a difference in the finish as well. The 4GB is matte black while the 250GB is gloss black

The difference is you're just going to waste money if you get the 4gb version. You also can't play co-op in some games such as Halo. (IE: You try to play co-op campaign or firefight and it'll tell you that you need to have a hard drive.

^^

Funny how they bundled Halo Reach with 4gb consoles before. What a surprise...not

yeah what he said about the hard drive being necessary for playing co op is true....up to a point. for example, there is a LOT of space being used by the map packs (noble and defiant) and that wouldn't leave you with much left and your system is going to need the space to let you play at all...4GB? seriously? i would never buy an xbox that didn't have a large hard drive...period. i love my halo games and map packs. i've downloaded all of them from halo 2 on

[quote user="FEC4xGhost"]

^^

Funny how they bundled Halo Reach with 4gb consoles before. What a surprise...not

[/quote]

Errm....no.  It would be a surprise if what you said had a single element of truth, but it doesn't.  The Halo Reach bundle is a 250Gb X360, not a 4Gb one. 

The 4Gb X360 didn't even exist when that bundle was sold.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but when I bought my 4GB Best Buy was doing a deal for 30$ off the 250GB HDD. I actually got the 4GB S+ the extra 250GB HDD for abput 20$ less than a 250GB S.

I got my 4GB last Boxing Week for $130, and I managed to get a 250 GB HD marked down too. Overall, I saved over $50 compared to a 250GB console. You just have to know where to look.