Hardened Edition/Elite Membership

Hi, sorry if I'm going over old ground here but I am a little confused. People seem to be saying that the hardened edition appears to be a worth while purchase, this is priced at around £80 in the UK. But I can buy the standard edition and then subscribe to Elite for around £30, so £70 in total. So I'm a little confused as to what makes it worth while purchasing the hardened addition? What else do you get?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Alright mate,

I paid £65 for my Hardened edition from Tesco (deal no longer active).  I have seen the game for £35.90 at its cheapest plus elite is £34.99 so yeah roughly £70.  

I feel that I save more money though because I take the game and the elite subscription and sell the rest.

I do not want an avatar outfit.....Ebay for £5

I do not want an art book.........Ebay for £5

I do not want steel case.........Ebay for £5

This is roughly what I will do and I should end up with a game and elite (DLC paid for, for 1 year) for about £50

Hi, thank you very much for the explanation. It seems I have missed the boat with the cheap hardened editions so it make more sense for me to buy the standard edition and then sign up for elite separately. I might still be able to save a couple of pound doing what you are doing but it's probably not worth the hassle to save a fiver!

Cheers.

It's a "deal" in US dollars.

Hardened Edition = $100 + tax

Standard + Elite = $110 + tax

It makes more sense in U.S. dollars for some reason. At least for me; Hardened is $100 which includes 1 year of elite, or it is $60 for the game and $50 for 1 year of elite. A whopping savings of 10 dollars!!!

Also, Maps are included with elite, so you are saving on paying for each map pack.

I'd definitely recommend getting the hardened edition if you plan on buying all the maps.

I, as well, will be getting the Hardened Edition.  Pre-ordered from Amazon for $100.  Best Bang for the $$$