Hardcore

What are the chances of treyarch getting a little more in debth with the HC mode. All league play and all clan ops are in core mode. I read the article written saying there isn't enough traffic in HC to focus on more modes within. I want to partake in league play and clan ops through elite but don't enjoy putting a half a magazine into my enemies before they will go down. I personally think there will be a lot more traffic in HC if they expanded the modes within to choose from and made the option of a hardcore league play. Just a thought and to see if anyone agrees.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think its a catch 22 situation.

More people would play hc modes if more options were there, but they wont include more until they see the numbers.

You don't see it in league play because it is not as competitive or popular as the core modes.

True and how are they going to get the numbers if they don't expand. Kinda stinks but maybe if enough people request it they will........probably not.

I think it would be just as popular as Core if given a chance. HC only offers 4 different modes within. If HC offered the same amount as core does and a HC league play option I think they would def. see the numbers rise.

[quote user="Jagriff"]

You don't see it in league play because it is not as competitive or popular as the core modes.

[/quote]

Thats a matter of opinion

I'd say there is a much higher ratio of players who take the game seriously in hc mode,

I play hardcore for trolls and lols. Will only use pistols and love to shoot teammates betties. I am not the ideal teammate.

I like a little HC on occasion.Mainly core though.I think the problem maybe just that they only have so much space to work with.I think it would be cool to have a rotating game mode HC playlist.

Hardcore is nice, and still different enough .... but even hardcore rules can't overcome the small minuscule maps.  

to me hardcore should be slow, methodical, and tactical. Its not, people still run around like idiots like in any other game types. I can't blame them for only having a few game modes, they probably know nothing else will work. It barely works as it is.

I dont think its just the maps. They deliberately make the game to play faster all the time. Maps, weapons, perks, ssrs ..... almost everything caters to a fast paced game.   They dont seem to plan out the differences for the two different modes.

A good example here is that we just recently had a thread about the guardian. Here we have a semi-lethal ssr thats meant mostly for stunning the enemy. Yet they didnt consider before they released the game that in hc mode it was one of the most powerful LETHAL ssrs. They nerfed, it. But the point is that if the any of the devs spent any time playing hc that would have never happened to start with.

Ffa .  limited on screen help, no killcam ..... but they allow you to spectate every player for the 7 seconds you are dead.  Is that an hc minded thing to do?

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

[quote user="Jagriff"]

[/quote]

Thats a matter of opinion

I'd say there is a much higher ratio of players who take the game seriously in hc mode,

[/quote]

Core factually has a higher skill ceiling (albeit not by much) and has forever been much more prominent in the competitive scene (although friendly fire is usually enabled).

There's a higher ratio of snipers (i.e, quickscopers) that could be considered serious players, yet that style of play is hardly competitive.