Happy Wars Frequent disconnections

On every game I lag first or straight disconnect all the games seem to STILL load slow I put MSP in to this and I WANT to play this its a game I have been seeking for a while nothing serious all epic fun but when This is the ONLY GAME I cannot properly connect to along with other people having the same issue, its not us its MS server  we shouldn't be subjected to shotty products upon release you need better "Beta" testers. Ideally I was told that the beta version had no issues I'm assuming the fact that the game became popular and had a huge increase of players is causing strain on the servers, I have cleared my cache, I have reset my router I have an Open to Moderate NAT setting I have never lagged sense upgrading my service provider I have never experienced joining in a game and instantly losing connection to "other" players as this game keeps say I am doing while I understand 16-32 players is a huge strain on connection I have played halo 4 with 16+ players in big team battle I don't know but whatever can be done to fix the disconnections would be greatly appriciated. its a great game though hope to "actually" play it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This game drops more players nowadays, it has gotten worse not better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Titusvmcc your first reply to this actually cleared up everything the fact that "players" are the host of the matches rather than a dedicated server and one person dropping drops the whole group could actually make sense occasionally I have one game that goes though, however I think I'll just hope that something is done about the game though its well worth continuing to play even if its only for a breif period just wish I didn't have to lose out on my constant lv4 item boxes that I kept earning.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Lord BaneJ - The problem is that even in 'Co-Op' mode can fail. Provided that the host backs out, or the server has a problem migrating to a new host.

Sorry this didn't help.

To bypass the issue, I usually opted for 'Co-op' gameplay.

You only required 4 player (including yourself) to start the game, hence the drop rate is much lower.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey RS RosenRo,

Yeah as it has been mentioned about Happy Wars: Thy are working on fixes which should resolve some connection issues and released a patch a week ago addressing some of the issues. If you would like to contribute to the changes I belive Vulcan, and some of the 'ToyLogic' crew have posted a thread at xbla.com/ee/happy-wars for those interested in helping to identify errors/bugs.  Please keep in mind a few things as to why the servers are dropping connection:

• When the host connection drops/host leaves the game the entire party will be dropped from the game.
  • If you and your party are in a 'Quick Match' and the host of the opposing side drops, the players whom connected to the host last will be dropped.
  • While in a match and if a friend 'Joins Session in Progress', the match may crash, sending nearly everyone into a limbo lobby.
  • There's a known issue where-in if a party member doesn't have the same maps checked as the host, the lobby will crash. 
Hope some of this clears up some of your confusion, and that you continue to try this free game. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Unfrotunately Happy Wars is having some serious connection issues. It's been that way since the release. They are trying to fix the matchmaking but so far no patch. It's not your connection; this problem is well known among players with all types of connections, be it an extremely fast one with open NAT or a slow one with moderate NAT. All we can do is hope for that patch to be released.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I tried a wired connection if anything nothing has changed at all which I have opened NAT setting again and it only lasted me til the point of exiting the castle however actually being able to exit the castle is an improvement.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RS RosenRot,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. You might want to try a direct wired connection to the modem to see if that helps with the connection errors. It could also help with that Moderate NAT you mentioned which could also be an issue. Let us know if you still see issues with this setup and we can go from there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.