Halo5 - No Local Coop Issue

Bought this for my son and I to play together, on the same console, in the same room, as we have with the previous versions.  Very disappointed to learn that it's not an option only after we started playing it today.  I contacted xbox and was going to cancel this purchase, they were going to give me a full refund, but as I was told by the Tech Support member that Local Coop was being worked and would be a patch update available soon.  I've kept that Chat history just for reference and if it's not available before Christmas, I'll be getting my money back.  Very bad decision not to include this from the launch!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there tasendre, I'm sorry but it appears that agent may have misinformed you as I can't find confirmation anywhere that it's being added.  I found the change.org petition you linked but nothing else.  Sadly this is a 343 decision and not something Xbox is directly involved in.

Sorry this didn't help.

So when you say Xbox, are you speaking for Microsoft as well?  He didn't have confirmation either, but said he knew it was being addressed and that posting in this forum, in the xbox UserVoice and the case I filed with him, Ref# [Mod removed: Please don't post personal information] , was the best way to raise the issue.  Is there someplace with 343 that I should be addressing it, other than the petition I already linked here?  IF this is not going to be added, I'll be requesting a full refund from Xbox, which I almost took yesterday before chatting with Angelo.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey tasendre, XB1R Hades works for Xbox so knows what he is talking about.

The phone rep you spoke with is part of a 3rd party company that is hired by Xbox/Microsoft to handle support phone calls.  Unfortunately they do not have all the information on everything so sometimes they need to hazard a guess as to what's happening.

If you want more information on local co-op then please try posting to the Halo Waypoint forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

You think thats bad, I got the super duper special edition for like 300$ and wanted a physical copy for spending so much, so after like an hour of trading information, forms, the xbox serial number, a picture of the reciept with a order number written on it, allllll that...THEY SENT IT TO THE WRONG DAMNED HOUSE!!!!  Im really upset about this....

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo Waypoint forums?  Have a link for that?

Are you saying 343 is not addressing this?

Is there a way to contact, or complain to 343?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

KjpbsPWNSn00bz - please contact support about this again.  Hopefully they'll be able to work it out with you.

tasendre - no one here knows what they are addressing or not addressing.  At no point did we say we knew.  Here is a link to the Halo Waypoint forums. www.halowaypoint.com/.../forums

Sorry this didn't help.