Halo Reach Multiplayer Disc Read error

Hi,
I'm having a problem with Halo Reach Multiplayer, after the last update 20/July/2006 I cannot play any multiplayer games at all. Everything works ok until it's loading the game and map data, once that's complete, it goes to enter the game and the loading screen appears, after 3 or 4 second it freezes and I get a disc read error. I've tried clearing the cache, formatting the hard drive, installing the game onto the hard drive and a USB stick which only gives me a green screen. I've also removed the update and reinstalled it from online, then removed and installed again from a USB no use at all.

I've spent 2 hours talking to Xbox support and the only thing they can come up with is try a new disc or send it in for repairs for the 6th time. I honestly think Microsoft should bite the bullet and give me a new Xbox A as they obviously sold me a faulty machine in 2006 for €450 with a 10 year plan they hark on about and I know the console won't last that long.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If it only happens on this one game then I doubt its the console, otherwise no games would work would they?. But if you wanted to buy a new unit to see if the game works I guess you could.

If its an option why not try the disc on a friends console to see if there is a problem with that, or alternatively if you have a friend with the game try their copy on your console.
Are there any marks etc on the disc?, because from similar posts this has nearly always been the cause of a problem like this.

PS, I see no reason why MS should replace a 5 year old console with a new one, its a little unrealistic after you have had it so long. What 10 year plan are you referring to?.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, At the time I wrote this I though it was just Halo Reach but I've tried all my multiplayers, Halo 3 & ODST, Borderlands, Bioshock 2, Crysis 2 and others. All which worked before the Update, now they either come up with the same disc error or just freeze and I have to unplug the xbox to restart it.

The reason I think Microsoft should replace my Xbox with a new Xbox is it has been in for repairs 5 times and this will be the sixth since 2007. They have obviously sold a faulty product that couldn't do what it is built for and have since released newer models that have somewhat corrected some issues. If this was any other product it would be replaced with a newer model because the manufactures would balk at such a faulty and unreliable product. Also I did spend €450 on this product and now I could buy the corrected model for €200 - €250. I don't think it's fair that I paid €450 for a product that I cannot enjoy while people who have paid less for a newer model have that reliability and enjoyment.

I've had a Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Playstation, PS2 and PSP. The PS2 and PSP which are both older than the xbox are still going strong and I've never had any problems with the consoles.

In regards to MIcrosoft's 10 year plan follow the links,

www.gamespot.com/.../xbox-planning-to-catch-up-in-japan

e3.gamespot.com/.../xbox-360-to-have-10-year-life-span-report

www.tomsguide.com/.../Xbox-360-Project-Natal-10yrs,news-4039.html

www.gadgetteaser.com/.../microsoft-confirms-xbox-360s-10-year-life-cycle

www.escapistmagazine.com/.../92185-Xbox-360-Has-Ten-Year-Life-Cycle-Too

www.gamerzines.com/.../ten-year-plan-for-360.html

If you are going to have a plan for a 10 year life cycle for a games console you need to include your first model and not just the second or third models or expect people to fork out at least €700 for a games console. It's all still Xbox 360.

If you look at the dates on the articles this is something that Microsoft have repeatedly said and was a very strong factor for spending €450 on the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, if you've tried all of those disc-read troubleshooting guides, I'm afraid your console will require the official paid repair, as suggested by phone support.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem, every game works but the halo 4 disc 2. it keeps coming up with an error message,

saying it has failed to install and that I should put in disc one

Sorry this didn't help.

can anybody help with this

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there CYCOKILLA WPK! Since this thread is dated back quite a few months, can I have you create your very own thread in this forum so we can help you out individually? Make sure to detail your experience, let us know any error codes or messages and all the steps you've tried so far! Thank you in advance. :)

Sorry this didn't help.