Halo Reach matchmaking issues with 360 elite

I have had lag problems for the last 2 months, i have turned my modem on and off(resetting it also), replaced cables. and have now gotten a new modem wich didnt solve the problem.

When playing halo reach it has a in-game option to view the network status, i borrowed my neighbours 360 slim to compare against my 360 elite using same cable:

My 360 elite:

Upstream bandwidth: warning

NAT rating:open

Packet loss rate: low/excellent

Neighbours 360 slim:

Upstream bandwidth:good

NAT rating:open

Packet loss rate:low/excellent

I use my xbox every day and was hoping i could just get a new one on my warranty, but the shop where i bought it told me to contact XBOX support.

Do i have to send my xbox to repairs? this is my 2nd xbox and its only lasted 1 year.

Forza 4 arrives the 14th of this month, im not sitting here on that date while my xbox is away to repairs ;)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there! Is your console directly connected to the modem, or is there a router involved as well? Have you tried resetting it, or possibly resetting it to factory defaults and setting it back up?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have my laptop and xbox connected to the modem via a switch, wich has not been a problem.

I also tried connecting it directly to the modem.

I have tried 3 different sets of cables.

I now have changed to a new better modem with open nat.

Lately it has gotten worse, i can play for a little while but eventually it deteriorates to 1-2 second lag.

Im regurarly checking my connection speed and ping on speedtest.com, my connection is stable.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.