Halo Reach Last Update Disc Read Error

Since the last Halo Reach update i've been having disc read errors for the game. What's weird is I can multiplayer and campaign and all of a sudden when it comes time to earn game credits my game freezes during the glowing blue lights segments saying disc is unreadable. I've checked the disc and there aren't any scratches on it. My game didn't have this error before the last reach update. I'm also on a first gen 20 gb xbox 360. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey buddy,

Sorry to hear it! I would suggest clearing your cache on the xbox, and downloading the update again, here is the steps to clear your cache: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache.aspx

Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same thing is happening to me but with Fallout 3, I did all the trouble shooting as well over the phone with Xbox support, their final decision was that my Fallout 3 game was to old for the new Xbox slim system which I do not believe. The game disc is fine as I took it over to a friends house that does not connect their xbox to the internet and the game works fine. Xbox screwed something up with this update for sure!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.