[Halo: Reach (fileshare)] "The creator's gamertag is not allowed on Xbox Live."

Sorry, I know this probably belongs on bungie.net, but Bungie's web site is having some problems. I am hoping someone can help me here.

Today I tried to upload a video on my fileshare for Halo Reach, but when I do I get this error message: "The creator's gamertag is not allowed on Xbox Live." I thought it was odd since there was nothing wrong or controversial with "Soldier Anubis." I thought i was a bug since I maxed out my Halo 3 File share, I used to have Bungie pro, but I didn't renew the subscription. So I cleared out all 24 slots, but when I went back to reach I still got the message.

Is there something illegal about my gamertag "Soldier Anubis" or is this just some bug?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

This is something you are going to have to take up with Bungie I'm afraid. The support team here wont be able to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

DId you ever resolve this issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

This is a strange error which I don't recall seeing before but have you tried to make a new file completely and uploading that? (assuming you are uploading old files or files created offline which sometimes has problems)

Please note also that Bungie no longer supports Halo: Reach or 3, the responsablity of such has ben pased to 343i.

I would recommend enquiring on halowaypoint if you are still having problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also had this same problem. If bungie can't help and xbox live can't, what is the resolution. I have been having this problem since Halo Reach.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bungie  can't help, as they no longer manage Halo.

343 Industries manages Halo now, but they can't help either. As the issue is Microsoft's / XBox Live's profanity filter.

A lot of folks use a form of writing on line known as 'leet speak, you've seen it, it's where they use numbers in place of letters to write words, like writing Halo as H410 for example.

That makes writing a profanity filter problematic. When you take in to consideration the ingenuity of the human brain and some people's determination to get profanity into the file share system, it just isn't possible to type in literally every way someone might type in profanity.

So the profanity filter is somewhat heuristic, which means it learns as it goes, and if it sees something that it thinks is probably profanity based on past experience, it blocks it. And it errs on the side of caution.

My guess is that Anubis is close enough to a certain name of a certain part of your bohiney that the filter is blocking it because of that.

Unfortunately, the only thing I know to do is change the gamer tag to something else entirely, but I would call XBox Live technical support first and see what they have to say.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem and Bungie is no help. Please let me know if you ever find an answer

Sorry this didn't help.