Halo Reach Download code

Hi

I purchased my Xbox 360 when I ws in the UK by my brother a year ago.  I live in South Africa and my brother bought me a Halo Reach download code from a SA website and put it on my account, which went through successfully.  I have now tried to download the game 3 times and each time it says the file is corrupted, what could I do?

I have cleared my machines cache after the 2nd attempt and it still didnt resolve the issue.

Help

Glenn Cooper

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have to say I have not heard of a code that allows you to download Halo Reach but I guess thats beside the point as you said in redeemed fine on the account?

This issue sounds like a region issue, the code is probably for the UK version of teh game and downloading it in South Africa will not work. Alot of content is region locked on Xbox Live for various reasons.

Also if you are using a UK account in South Africa your are gonna have difficulty getting content that was purchased on the account in the UK.

Bottom line is really you need the account set to the correct region you are in. Also account regions can not be changed so it looks like you wont be able to get Halo Reach to download sorry and you be better off creating an account set to South Africa.

Hope this info helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Sojo.

It is because of the region you are in, there is nothing you can do about it except for possibly getting a US connection via satellite (expensive alternative of course). Other people in SA have reported to have the same error.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

the code must match the region of the account

since it is a South african code

you must use a SA account and be in SA

Sorry this didn't help.