Halo: Reach and Gunstringer Download Issues.

I recieved a new Xbox for christmas as well as a Kinect, and they came with downloadable games.  Halo Reach came with the Xbox and Gunstringer came with the Kinect, as well as a Fruit Ninja download.  Well Halo and Gunstringer will not download.  The highest percentage that Halo will get to is 33% and then it says 'Can't Download.'  Gunstringer gets to 3% and the same message appears.  There is no more text that I can provide.  When the message pops up and I press the button, it takes me to a page that says those two words.  I have tested the connection.  It comes up with full bars, connecting right away, and no notices of anything going wrong.  And after the test, the game does not dowload successfully.  Any solutions?  This is starting to become frustrating, because these are the only two that will not download.  Fruit Ninja downloaded perfectly with no problems.  I downloaded the Maple Lakes Package for Kinects Sports Season Two with no issue.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

And there is enough space on my hard drive.  That was one of the first things I checked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii, and it is amazing. Very good. It will take a while to beat, and it is involving if you like music. Get it!

Sorry this didn't help.

Now Halo will only get to 31% before it stops.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Kitty! I understand you're having issued downloading a couple of games. Are these the only two games you have issues with, or are their others? I'd like to have you delete the partial downloads and download them again from your purchase history. You can find the exact steps here (forums.xbox.com/.../153154.aspx). Also, just to fully rule out your network as a cause, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, these are the only two games that I am having issues with.  Everything else has downloaded, as I said in the first post. And all the games that came on discs work. I have deleted the partial downloads and downloaded the games at least 20 times now. I have followed those steps everytime.  [View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1682798555.png] Here is the speed test.  I have a T1 line or 1.5mbps and that is the fastest that I can get in my area.  I can connect to Xbox live perfectly, I just can't download these two games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, and in addition to deleting any partial files, did you also then clear the cache after doing so and trying to redownload? If not, please give that a try (in that order: delete partial files, clear cache, re-download), and let me know how it turns out. Lastly, are there any corrupted files in that section of storage?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have been clearing the cache.  I didn't do that the first half of the times that I tried, but when I found out about that I have been doing that ever since.  And I did give it another try.  It still didn't work.  Halo got to 31% and right when it turned to 32% it disappeared from the active downloads. Gunstringer never got past 1%.

As far as I could tell there are not any corrupted files in the that section of storage. It's on the harddrive.  I checked everything on there.  

Could there be something wrong with the console itself?  I know that it will download things like Fruit Ninja, and the Maple Lakes Golf Package.  But they are also significantly smaller than Halo: Reach or even Gunstringer.

And even if it was the internet wouldn't it stop at different percentage points?

I know my mom got the console as well as the Kinect from Best Buy at 12:01 am on Black Friday.  Do I need to take the XBOX back?

And if I do take it back, will I be able to get my downloaded items back.  I have exclusive DLC from GameStop, as well some DLCs that came with other games that I don't want to lose.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Kitty, while it's possible there's an issue with the console, I'm thinking it's more likely an issue with the memory device itself. Before testing that, though, let's rule out completely the possibility of a network issue. With the content deleted and the cache cleared, can you try connecting directly to the modem via ethernet cable? If the download fails again in the same spot, we'll know we need to try something else.

If that download does fail, does a friend have an HDD that you could try? I'm curious if, with a different HDD, the downloads are able to complete. Let me know if you have any questions about removing or inserting an HDD from that model console. :-)  

Sorry this didn't help.

I can easily try that.  It may have to wait until tomorrow morning though, because that's when my dad will be available, and I don't want to mess anything up. :P

My brother has an HDD that I can possibly try.  His is an older model though.  Will it still work?

And if it is the memory device, what do I do then?

Sorry this didn't help.

Connecting the console directly to the modem did nothing.  It stopped at the same spot for both games.  So its not an internet problem.

And I asked my brother, and he doesn't really want to try that.  He's afraid that something might happen with his, and I'm not going to ask him to risk that.

Sorry this didn't help.