Halo CEA: Campaign, Skulls & Truth & Reconcilliation

Hi Guys,

Hope your all enjoying the nostalgia that CEA brings. 10 years ago i remember playing on legendary and not doing too badly, my question is what the hell happened, old age I guess. Is it me or is this game hard on Legendary compared to most other common FPS. One slight mistake and you are gone.

I've collected a few skulls and could do with the Boom skull activated. But it says I will 'loose progress' on activation? Does that mean I loose the first two levels as well? Because in all honesty Id rather not have Boom skull if that's the case? Help??

Also, Im stuck on Truth & Reconciliiation. And I must be rubbish as the hardest part is still to come. I am still stuck trying to get into the gravity lift to board the ship. Still got the sniper rifle and a plasma pistol/needler. I have destroyed all turrets bar one, which I use to dispatch the first 2 waves, but then the marines get in the way and I get over-run? Game time on this part has been about 2 hours, going to see if I can beat it by letting the marines take the slack and picking off the covenant at distance and keeping on the move.

Surely this has to be one of the harder levels on the game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="Dandelo310"]

Hi Guys,

Hope your all enjoying the nostalgia that CEA brings. 10 years ago i remember playing on legendary and not doing too badly, my question is what the hell happened, old age I guess. Is it me or is this game hard on Legendary compared to most other common FPS. One slight mistake and you are gone.

I've collected a few skulls and could do with the Boom skull activated. But it says I will 'loose progress' on activation? Does that mean I loose the first two levels as well? Because in all honesty Id rather not have Boom skull if that's the case? Help??

Also, Im stuck on Truth & Reconciliiation. And I must be rubbish as the hardest part is still to come. I am still stuck trying to get into the gravity lift to board the ship. Still got the sniper rifle and a plasma pistol/needler. I have destroyed all turrets bar one, which I use to dispatch the first 2 waves, but then the marines get in the way and I get over-run? Game time on this part has been about 2 hours, going to see if I can beat it by letting the marines take the slack and picking off the covenant at distance and keeping on the move.

Surely this has to be one of the harder levels on the game?

[/quote]If you turn on a skull or want to change the difficulty, it removes your current checkpoint, that's all.  You would just have to restart the level.  You will still be able to select any of the levels you currently have complete.  

What I always did was when you first get through that narrow path leading to the grave-lift area, snipe any grunt in a Shade Turret.  Then I usually jump in one (the one closest to the path sitting across from it) and unload until *light spoilers* the two Hunters come.  Just back up a ways until they turn their backs to you and hit the middle orange spot with one sniper round...  Before they come if you're having trouble with the standard enemies and are about to be overrun just back up a ways in that path.  It serves as a very good choke point (kill zone).  Just frag and shoot them as they come while running backwards.   As for being one of the harder levels?  No.  The levels to come are more challenging and frustrating.  If you're having some trouble make or sign a co-op thread for help.  You can always hit me up too.  Got all of the achievements so...

Thanks for the response, I was slowly loosing my mind with that section, I distinctly recall hating it when I owned the original Xbox. To make matters worse, I was playing T&R last night, and after dying a couple of times I adopted a different strategy. Whilst cloaked I took out every grunt and jackal I saw, then tagged the one Elite with a grenade. I then sat close to a turret, and as the waves come down from the ship I sniped the Elite every time, then wiped out the rest with a plasma pistol (that gun is a saviour). When the hunters came, rather than do it simple I went toe to toe with them with a Needler and won. Got into the ship, crushed the part where the cloaked elites rush you, took out 2nd wave hunters with needler again, got the checkpoint.

Then my system froze due to the Xbox Dashboard update. I thought it would just return to me aboard the ship. Oh no, it took me back to the start of the level. I'm laughing now but at the time, I'm ashamed to say I actually slapped my Xbox. Had to do it all again. The second time, I took your advice and that section is much easier. Patience is defo required for this game on legendary, but its all do-able.

Your right though, got ahead of myself with this being the hardest level. I recall part of the Two Betrayals where there is a flood/covenant war going on which is not a breeze.

I actually need a co-op partner as many people I know play MW3 not Halo. Im guessing you have the "Close Quarters Combat" achievement which I thought I should have had as I boarded the ship with 7 rounds but it didn't show. I will send you a FR, where you from? For timing considerations.

For "CQC" I believe to get the achievement you have to FINISH the level with at least four rounds left in your sniper.  I got that at the end of the level.  There are numerous sniper ammo locations throughout the level.  I live in Denver, CO.. Mountain Time.

^ What the hell are you talking about. The OP is asking about T&R on Legendary, not CQC, and that achievment is friggen easy anyway.

Actually, I'm gonna agree with the OP on this: I found T&R on Legendary to be one of the harder levels in the game, particularly the fight on the ship right after you use the grav lift to get aboard. Mileage varies depending on the player, obviously, and I might find it easier to play T&R now that I've been through the entire game on Legendary.

[quote user="Zehq"]

^ What the hell are you talking about. The OP is asking about T&R on Legendary, not CQC, and that achievment is friggen easy anyway.

[/quote]What the hell am I talking about? What the hell are YOU talking about?  On 12/8/11 the OP wrote to me :  "Im guessing you have the 'Close Quarters Combat' achievement which I thought I should have had as I boarded the ship with 7 rounds but it didn't show."  At that time the OP didn't have the achievement.  You can look for yourself.  If you compare your achievements to his, you will see he unlocked it on 12/9/11... a day after I told him how to get it.  Maybe next time you should calm the f*** down, learn to read, and use your brain before you open your stupid f***ing mouth you idiot.  I was simply helping someone get an achievement after we already discussed the original topic you f*** tard.  

Hes right I did ask about the 'CQC' cheevo, I didn't realise there was so much ammo on the ship, so when I boarded and it didn't show I wasn't too happy. You guys get proper serious about your comments chill out man, and I suggest you read a person's FULL post before commenting.

Anyone else notice how T&R in CEA has similarities to Long Night Of Solace in Reach? Any of you guys play reach, which level was more difficult?

NIGHTFALL has that glitch in it that allows you to beat the level in under 5 minutes. . Soooooooo Since you can run through Nightfall, it is easier. . .

Long Night of Solace is the one where you are in space. Nightfall is the one that is like T&R.