Halo CE Multiplayer Maps

I have one question, if I own Reach will I be able to download the multiplayer maps that come with Halo CE through the Xbox Live Marketplace? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Eventually, yes. I believe it was BS Angel (343i's internet goddess) who said that the maps wouldn't be immediately available for download after CEA's release. But eventually, they will be available if you don't want to buy the game to get them.

~

Are you planning on not buying CEA?

think there is any point buying defiant map pack since it might be included CE?

Hmm.. I haven't heard anything about that. Nobody knows if it's going to be set up like ODST with all the DLC included yet. It's a gamble right now I guess. I believe the map packs are still 50% off (400 MSP), but I don't know how long that's going to last until. It's up to you, really. I'd do some research and see if you can find any info regarding whether or not DLC will be included with the purchase of CEA.

Do what I'm doing.

Step one: Pre-order Halo: CEA.

Step two: Pick up Halo: CEA.

Step three: Open Halo: CEA.

Step four: Get code for maps.

Step five: Use 20$ code. Download maps.

Step six: Return Halo CEA to gamestop. (If possible) Get all your monies back.

Or

Step six: If you can't return it. Sell it back the first day. You'll probably get 20$ for it. You got the maps early, for what they would cost you when they come out stand alone in a few months.

-

of course. If The maps don't come in a code, that doesn't apply. :/

Why are people hating on Halo CEA? The game is going to be awesome with tons of new things and just replaying th game with high res and better graphics will make things that much better.

Because some people don't appreciate the old. They don't realize that without the old, there would be no new. All people want is new, new, new. I for one love the idea of a CE remake with a bunch of new features.

I'm not particularly averse to the idea.

I can't see anything wrong with playing that same Campaign with my sister, that sounds great [:P]. I like how some tweaks that were necessary were made, such as that Grenades actually explode at a useful time now, and that the character doesn't seem to slide on the ground like nothing else.

I'll be interested to see whether the Plasma Pistol still stuns vehicles and whether you can hijack them or not.

Those seem like harmless upgrades, so I'll be interested to see whether they changed those or not.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

I'm not particularly averse to the idea.

I can't see anything wrong with playing that same Campaign with my sister, that sounds great [:P]. I like how some tweaks that were necessary were made, such as that Grenades actually explode at a useful time now, and that the character doesn't seem to slide on the ground like nothing else.

I'll be interested to see whether the Plasma Pistol still stuns vehicles and whether you can hijack them or not.

Those seem like harmless upgrades, so I'll be interested to see whether they changed those or not.

[/quote]

The game is Halo CE with a pretty graphics engine running over the top.  EVERYTHING else is exactly the same bar Terminals - Which is just fine by me :)

Given that I can see for myself that the grenades are significantly changed for the better, I'm still interested to see what else has changed.

For example, I'm sure that the Pistol's graphical change won't affect many users, but I'll notice and change accordingly. Even the smallest changes matter.

True. 343i said that they were making a few tweaks to the gameplay, so it seems possible that you will be able to stun vehicles and hijack them. PLUS they're adding skulls, so there you go :)