Halo 4 War Games Map Pass reimbursement, please and thank you!

So I spent $25 to buy the War Games Map Pass to get the 3 map packs at a 15% off discount, and to get them as soon as they were released.

Well, the whole fiasco with the Map Pass owners destroyed the value of the purchase.
Now, everyone has been able to download the Crimson Map Pack for FREE (regardless of owning the War Games Map Pass or not)!

So why in the world should I have to pay for a Map Pass when 1/3 Map Packs included becomes free to EVERYONE anyways?

Mishap or not, Microsoft is at fault for releasing the Map Pack, and distributing it.

So now, an 800MSP valued Map Pack is free to everyone, and the War Games Map Pass owners get nothing in return?

1/3 of the reason I bought the Map Pass is now gone.

I would like a reimbursement in some manner of Microsoft points back onto my account.
800MSP (the value of the map pack everyone is getting for free) would be nice to get back onto my account, but if that is not possible I'd like 400.

Please understand how us Map Pass buyer feel.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Can I please get a response from someone, preferably an official support team member?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox has already officially said no refunds. It's in the hand of 343i to do something to make it up to their customers, which judging on how much Halo sold out in Halo 4, I'm doubting those of us who were screwed will see anything. The Halo ride is over, the franchise has been ruined by people who didn't create it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Buying the War Games Pass did not guarantee you that you would get any content sooner than anyone else. The only thing it was sold as was a savings. I would imagine since you bought it you were willing to buy the other map packs as well. By buying the pass, you are still as of this moment going to be paying for 3 maps packs worth of content. I don't see why a refund would be needed as you did not lose money or time(the map pack was released yesterday as promised).

Sorry this didn't help.

With everyone getting it for free, we now paid 25$ for 2 map packs instead of 3. What was originally a savings of 5$ is now *** us for 5$. If refunded, we could have downloaded it free like everyone else, bought the future 2 at full price, and still had points left. What is it you don't understand?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's been one day after what happened. I'm sure if they offer you anything, whether it be a refund or more DLC at a discount, I doubt anything will come of it today. You'll need to stick tight and see what 343 has to say in the coming weeks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm hoping this is resolved soon. Furious at how Microsoft and 343 are handling this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not "everyone" got it for free, it was a bug that lasted only a few minutes in their system. You have to understand that they had no reason to give it to people for free simply because they lost out on money from those purchases. There's no way to remove that content from the folks who did indeed get it for free because there's no way for Microsoft to remove digital content from a persons account. That's simply the reason why they do not give refunds for purchases like this.

You're still going to have 2 other map packs for free when other people will need to pay. This was just an error that was quickly fixed, and definitely not something they wanted to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone! There were some initial complications with the distribution of the “14 day, Buy and Play” reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a “thank you” to our customers that contributed to the success of the Halo 4 launch. Those of you that own the Halo 4 Map Pass via standalone purchase or the Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends on Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.

Sorry this didn't help.

lol, i knew that an excuse like this was going to come up sooner or later. I still expect a refund of at least 400 MS points. I think it is totally unfair. I could have put $5-10 of gas into my car and instead chose to support Halo 4 by buying this, only to get a slap in the face, Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there atlboricua23! We don't have any information on your request but for more information on the complimentary access period you can check out the Halo blog post: blogs.halowaypoint.com/.../14-Day-Buy-and-Play.aspx :)

Sorry this didn't help.