Halo 4 unreadable disk

Ok I have tried and tried to get this disk to work, read all the posts. Read that if you take your hdd out and it works that you have a problem with your hdd. Took it out and it worked. I had a smaller hdd that I replaced with a larger one some time ago. Put the old hdd in and turned the console on and the disk came right up and started to play. Went to home page to download gamer tag and up pops a system update for the console. When it's finished console starts up again and the disk starts to read and then up pop the unreadable message, it was working before the update. Any one want to take a crack at explaining that?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It is my opinion that the update is the reason every one is having the unreadable disk problem, not faulty xboxs. I have no other problems with my xbox, every game I own works. I have even checked it again and it's the same out come. Checked it on another console with out the update and it works.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This must be the worst major release ever. Epic fail, 343i. I was so looking forward to Halo 4. Now I am just hating it, without even having been able to play it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Dave! I first wanted to clarify that Halo 4 is the only game your console is having trouble reading, is that correct? If so have you tried getting a replacement copy of this game and trying it on your console?

If you are having trouble with your console reading multiple games, please start with our Xbox Disc Drive Solution and let us know what that turns up. We'll be happy to assist from there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo 4 is the only game I have trouble with. I have tried 3 different copy's and all the same results. I have tried them with the console updates and without, they all work without the update. I have been a Xbox fan from day one, I dont think its right for Xbox to put out an update that leaves games unreadable and then tell you to send your console to them and they will "repair" it for $100. Don't get me wrong I'm not real angry about the situation, but I'm not happy about it. I apologize    if I come off like some jerk or something. Mister Gwyther I have tried all of the stuff that you recommend, and I have read a lot of other posts on the subject. Thank you for your time.

Sorry this didn't help.