Halo 4 unreadable disc

I bought Halo 4 a week ago and recieved the unreadable disc message.  I tried 3 different copies and an online download and nothing worked, I cleaned out my hard drive of all Halo content and system updates and refreshed it, I downloaded every copy to my hdd and nothing has gotten me past the microsoft studios screen when you start up the game... All of my other games work fine.  I just want the game to work but at the very least I need a refund from xbox as the internet download was suggested to me over the online support chat.  Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hey there, wanted to check on that downloaded version- you bought it On Demand but still received a disc read error? Also, sounds like you did, but did you try everything here? Xbox 360 Can’t Read Disc | Xbox Can’t Read Disc

One last thing to try would be bringing the hard drive over to another console, and using that to install the game, then see if it will play at home. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well known error - and no solution for over three months. Admins/helpers here will just give worthless advice,"re-install, clear cache, swap storage", bla bla; -despite their knowledge that this is a serious unsolvable error.

Have a look over here instead 343i acknowledging the issue;

forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst130475_Halo-4-Known-Issues.aspx

Embarrassing.

An advice to spare you a lot of frustration and wasted time; just return the game, get a refund, and forget about it. Btw, you are not alone, but must of us have moved on - just hope you get a refund and not lose close to 100 USD as a lot of us have. This is my worst consumer experience ever.

I play BF3 on PS3 instead. Say good luck to 343i for future projects...

Sorry this didn't help.

I see that you cleared the game info, but did you attempt to clear the cache? Instructions can be found here: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.

if you are able to get the game so it recognizes it, you should be able to go and download the game to your xbox, this should patch any difficulties. Otherwise, how old is your xbox? I have heard some of the older ones have trouble with the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have, I have literally done everything possible besides replacing my xbox to try to get this to work. I am hoping xbox or 343 will address this, nobody seems to know what is causing this.

Sorry this didn't help.