Halo 4 Teaser Analysis

Here we go...

I am doing this analysis from when he opens up the Cryo Capsule to the end of the video.

First, I believe  a "Reasonable Explanation" for his armor changes is the Positive/negative pressure that The Chief underwent in space.

Cortana looks different. Did she do something with her hair? (No seriously, AI's can change their appearance.)

Jetpack!

The Pistol MC picks up looks to be either some entirely new weapon, or a heavily modded pistol. Clearly has an RPG style loading process.

MORE jetpack!

Notice when the chief stops, his boots appear to be sucked onto the ground. MagBoots? It would be a way to get some stability in space.

And finally I think the big... thing in front of the chief is a RingSphere. Who knows? it might repair his ship! (Unlikely) It Probably just wants to eat him.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Wes, and I'm a Heroic Member on the Bungie.net thread. I have completed every Halo game on Legendary.

What confuses me is how his armor changed, how he got the jetpack, how he got the new pistol, when he didn't have them in Halo 3...

Also, how does the ship burn in space with zero oxygen?

Good point on the burning, thought that was hilarious. It might burn because there was fuel/flammable materials, but it would almost certainly be put out as soon as any fuel was burnt out, I'd guess.

Fuel tank catches fire.

Fuel tank ignites entirely in about a second, exploding.

Fuel tank is no longer a problem, fire isn't either?

Oh and by the way:

The Chief picks up new gun.

The Chief is the Chief.

The Chief uses the entirely lame Jetpack. Yay. F****n' fantastic.

The Chief is the Chief.

The Chief is heading towards a thing that might want to do one of a few things.

The Chief is the Chief.

By the way guys, I'm something random at Bungie.net and like millions of other people I've finished the Halo games on Legendary.

Might be a little harsh but damn, they aren't exactly revelations, it isn't an original idea and it is limited compared to those I've seen.

So Expressing My Opinion and Introducing myself isn't Okay? I f you are going to troll, get off my thread. I held back on trolls at Bnet, but now I'm here, no hold barred. so go on, troll me, I'll fold you like a piece of paper.

And PS: Fire requires Oxygen. Even if there is fuel present, Unless it is Self-Oxydizing, no fire. They Could have entered the planet's atmosphere, thus activating the planet and proving O2.

why does all these questions matter?

the point is its a new halo game thats all i need to know. Im guessing it has to do with the book Ghosts of Onyx and they are fighting off the forerunners.Because this is the only thing halo fans are aware of during this time after halo3.

P.S. the fire was probably created from oxygen escaping the vessel.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

Oh and by the way:

The Chief picks up new gun.

The Chief is the Chief.

The Chief uses the entirely lame Jetpack. Yay. F****n' fantastic.

The Chief is the Chief.

The Chief is heading towards a thing that might want to do one of a few things.

The Chief is the Chief.

By the way guys, I'm something random at Bungie.net and like millions of other people I've finished the Halo games on Legendary.

Might be a little harsh but damn, they aren't exactly revelations, it isn't an original idea and it is limited compared to those I've seen.

[/quote]

Missed you Bob !!

C'mon guys, really? He doesn't have a friggin jetpack. Those are built in thrusters used only for zero-g environments *ahem... space*. He's never used them in the games because, well, he's always fought on the ground or somewhere where there's gravity. They aren't powerful enough to lift his suit of armor in gravity.

The reason his armor changed is because 343i is trying to make him theirs now, not Bungie's. However, I strongly dislike the change. Weird looking shoulder plates, weird looking chest/stomach armor, no armor plate covering a very important part of the male body (which really stands out in the trailer for some reason), and his helmet seems to look more like a paintball mask now. Not a fan of these changes, and a lot of people have been complaining about it on the 343 forums. Hopefully we'll see classic MC in the game.

This was just a CGI trailer. By the looks of it, they used a real woman to play Cortana and put some special effects on her. I don't think that's how she's going to look in game.

The "pistol" is not a pistol. Clearly it's a weapon we've never seen before, and it uses an explosive round.

Magnetic Boots are a possibility. Either that, or they just didn't care enough to follow through with real life physics.

The thing they're headed for is definitely no ring. In my opinion, it's either a shield world (like where some of the other Spartans were during Reach's fall) or it's a Forerunner planet.

[quote user="Noble 29"]

C'mon guys, really? He doesn't have a friggin jetpack. Those are built in thrusters used only for zero-g environments *ahem... space*. He's never used them in the games because, well, he's always fought on the ground or somewhere where there's gravity. They aren't powerful enough to lift his suit of armor in gravity.

The reason his armor changed is because 343i is trying to make him theirs now, not Bungie's. However, I strongly dislike the change. Weird looking shoulder plates, weird looking chest/stomach armor, no armor plate covering a very important part of the male body (which really stands out in the trailer for some reason), and his helmet seems to look more like a paintball mask now. Not a fan of these changes, and a lot of people have been complaining about it on the 343 forums. Hopefully we'll see classic MC in the game.

This was just a CGI trailer. By the looks of it, they used a real woman to play Cortana and put some special effects on her. I don't think that's how she's going to look in game.

The "pistol" is not a pistol. Clearly it's a weapon we've never seen before, and it uses an explosive round.

Magnetic Boots are a possibility. Either that, or they just didn't care enough to follow through with real life physics.

The thing they're headed for is definitely no ring. In my opinion, it's either a shield world (like where some of the other Spartans were during Reach's fall) or it's a Forerunner planet.

[/quote]*** it, Enough Changes for me to Attack and Defame 343. Just like People did Bungie. :)

343 Sucks, they ruined Halo! D:<

Oh my gawd you guys sound like those damn 50 year old star wars fans who make fun of Jar Jar Binks 24/7.

Get over it, its a new game and is being made by a new company in their view of the Halo Universe.