Halo 4.. Talk about DIFFERENT.

There is a giant new article about it in the months issue of Game Informer I got in today, there's no way to post it unless you just have the magazine your self but THIS article pretty much sums up what was said in Game Informer. It appears they have done away completely with Firefight :/

It looks like Halo with classes, and loadout? Whaaat, they seemed to of changed a lot with the multiplayer system! Check out this video!

On the bright side it looks like the Ol' Battle Rifle is back! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ed1fa8N61OU#!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Seeing how everything seems good *IMHO* as what the Game Informer said, I'll bite and buy the game when it releases. I'm not too much with the Halo lore though, I guess I should try catching up to the current times while I wait... Or just wait...

[quote user="Moshed Brotatoe"]

On the bright side it looks like the Ol' Battle Rifle is back! :D

[/quote]

Thank god, that DMR crap in Reach was garbage :P

As far as the game goes, it looks really different. So that makes me more interested in it actually.

I loved Firefight, changing it to a clone of CODs spec ops doesn't sound good.

Instant respawn sounds bad. Delayed respawn makes you try harder to stay alive to avoid waiting. Now people can just run in guns blazing and not worry at all. If there's any objective modes like CTF it will hurt that too.

No elites in MP sounds boring. Everyone just being spartan is lazy.

I wonder if people will rage about forerunner vision like they do about enhanced vision in Shadowrun. Seeing through walls can lead to some cheap kills and rage quits.

A lot of people will be upset with them removing both the Firefight mode and Elites from multiplayer, but IMO, neither of those changes are particularly bad. I thoroughly enjoyed the Firefight mode in ODST, but I just couldn't get into it in Halo: Reach. I also think the addition of Elites to Halo: Reach's multiplayer was pretty pointless, I know some people liked them, but I never even really used one and thought they added nothing valuable to the multiplayer mode.

As a huge Halo fan, it worries me a bit to see them taking a lot of ques from the Call of Duty series, but I must admit, I LOVE the Spec Ops mode in Call of Duty, so hearing them add something similar to Halo 4 with consistent DLC sounds great to me and I know my co-op buddies will love it. I'd take a Spec Ops like mode over Firefight any day of the week.

I'm really glad to see that you can still earn points and purchase new armor, armor upgrades, and abilities, that was one of my favorite additions to the Halo series. Forerunner Vision sounds like it could be very interesting and if used right, will hopefully stop camping, etc. I also like the fact that sprint will be a default ability now, having spring as a "special" ability was a bit stupid.

Replacing weapon camping with random weapon drops sounds like a bad idea at first, but I can see how it could make multiplayer games a bit more fair and intense. I'll have to keep an eye on this change though, I'm not 100% sold on the idea yet.

Instant respawning is another idea I'm not 100% sold on yet, I can see the benefits but it could really hurt the overall flow of Halo that I've come accustomed to.

As for the Halo 4 story, I'm sure it will be epic and awesome. The idea of Cortana dieing actually saddens me greatly as I've grown up with her and Master Chief and the thought of actually encountering a Forerunner is super exciting. The ending to Halo 3 got me so pumped up and wanting more, and it sounds like Halo 4 will deliver.

DON'T LET ME DOWN 343 INDUSTRIES!!

I'll wait and see how it pans out.  Probably a purchase, but not day one.

-

I like Halo for forge though.  No need to bleed yourself with crappy 1200msp map-packs.  Just make your own better ones. It's like they screwed themselves over by adding such an awesome feature.

-

I don't see why they can't keep people happy by having features from previous Halos in some game modes/playlists.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

I loved Firefight, changing it to a clone of CODs spec ops doesn't sound good.

Instant respawn sounds bad. Delayed respawn makes you try harder to stay alive to avoid waiting. Now people can just run in guns blazing and not worry at all. If there's any objective modes like CTF it will hurt that too.

No elites in MP sounds boring. Everyone just being spartan is lazy.

I wonder if people will rage about forerunner vision like they do about enhanced vision in Shadowrun. Seeing through walls can lead to some cheap kills and rage quits.

[/quote]

Yeah, they said they have no intentions of bringing it back *so far* and that's a major bummer for me. Firefight refreshed the life for Halo multiplayer *IMO* and gave us vast entertainment. I'm crossing my fingers they'll add it anyway.

I agree with this too, for example COD you see many deaths for being careless, in halo most of those deaths are caused by combat, not carelessness.

Hopefully the instant respawn will be reserved for Lone Wolf matches and not team games.

-

The less news I hear about 'True Skill' ranking the sadder I get. =/

I am excited. I love Halo, but it needs to evolve some. This will push it to the next level and will evolve the game and make it better. Regardless of if the games are *** or not, the ideas in Call of Duty are nice. It's nice to see 343 take those ideas and improve upon them(and they will)

I personally had a lot of fun with Firefight modes in Reach, especially the custom skulls you could create for private matches. So I hope they change their mind about leaving it out.

Plus im not going to lie, I got a vast majority of my credits in Reach just playing the Score Attack gamemode and doing Sniperfight or whatever and Gruntpacolypse you can roll in about 3000-5000 credits each match sometimes if you know what to do haha.

[quote user="Black Wolf XCI"]

Forerunner Vision sounds like it could be very interesting and if used right, will hopefully stop camping, etc.

[/quote]

I predict it will cause more camping because people will just wait in ambush for people if they can see through walls. This happens in SR all the time and it makes EV very annoying. Nothing like rounding a corner right into a guy waiting to shotgun your face. Imagine how bad it will be with rockets or sticky grenades? At least in SR you have teleport to make your movements less predictable.