Hey guys, I have a problem I hope you can help me with.
For the past five weeks, When I start up Halo 4 and proceed to War Games to play a game of matchmaking, the game kicks me out of the match stating that I am not connected to Xbox LIVE, even though I am. I get into maybe 1 out of 20 matches. So what happens is:
1. Get into matchmaking and chose game type (Slayer or Big Game)
2. Sucessfully finds people to play with
3. Map voted (I can hear the other players talking)
4. Match is being created (says Starting Game in lower left corner)
5. Match Creation takes over 1 minute, and that states "[i]Selecting host with best connection[/i]" (this always comes up, haven't noticed it before)
6. The game kicks me out of the match and shows my stats briefly
7. Kicks me back to where one chooses game type with following in-game error message:
"You appear to have lost your connection to Xbox LIVE. You must be connected to Xbox LIVE to play"
Troubleshooting I've tried:
- Checked if my NAT is open: Yes
- Tried other game types: Same issues
- Uninstalled full game from Xbox + Multiplayer disc data
- Uninstalled all updates
- Uninstalled all DLC map packs
- Uninstalled Spartan Ops
- Moved my saved games to another folder
- Reinstalled/Downloaded all above
- Tried to start a mach, same error.
I can confirm that I am still connected to Xbox LIVE, despite what Halo 4 says. When I press the Home button on my controller, I can see that my friends are online, and I am still connected to our party and I can talk to them via party chat. I need to sign out of my profile, or restart the game to be able to try and start an online match again.
I can also confirm that I can play online on other games on my Xbox, I've tried Battlefield 3 and Borderlands 2, and they work fine.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? I can play other games online on my Xbox so it doesn't seem to be user-side issue.