Halo 4 Multiplayer

When playing Multiplayer online - I am playing as a SR-1 when I am really a 42, can't use my custom load-outs, can'tsee Challenges etc.. When reviewing commendations - says "Cannot earn commendations.  The Halo 4 server is unavailable or you chose to remain an offline Spartan" (not the issue)  This happened before but was fixed.  This has been going on for at least 12-18 hours - what gives??  Is it something I did or are others having issues?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi SimonSezDie1, I've not experienced myself but over at Halo.Xbox.com, people have said that this has happened to them as well. Sometimes the servers can experience stress and errors start to occur. If you've not cheated in any way, it's an issue server side and all I can suggest is you wait it out.  I can imagine that this is a pain but there's nothing to suggest as far as I know. It's probably just 'one of those days'. I hope that this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

in a addition to Invoked by Red, also if you are away from the xbox (not playing) you will disconnect from the halo 4 servers.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is happening to me as well now. Can anyone confirm that waiting it out will actually fix the problem? I thought if maybe I leveled up it would get out of that state, but after a few matches it just stopped giving me experience. It's become difficult to play like this, especially now that I'm not even gaining experience. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to just start playing something else until there's a server-side patch or something.

Sorry this didn't help.

Happening to me to. It's probably some server problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Me 2. This MUST be fixed! I payed over 60 @#^$^ dollars for this game, waited for years! If they dont fix this I will quit playing halo and probably b the most miserable person on the planet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a follow up. For me, everything went back to normal (with all experience gained during that time lost), after about 24 hours after I noticed the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem. also cannot play spartan ops at all. its been like 3 days for me. i feel like i wasted my money on this game

Sorry this didn't help.

I started playing halo 4 when i was home for University break. I leveled up to 21 beat the first 3 levels on Legendary solo and played Spartan ops.

I have a Xbox usb memory stick that i use to take my profile to school to play on my friend's xbox.

The problem is i can't connect to 343 servers ....

The strange thing is that my friend can on his profile, so it's not an internet issue because are on the same network.

It fails load my service record, so I appear as the default spartan but level 21.

All my progression through the campaign saved. So I've been continuing through solo legendary. So my saved data is present.

Strangely the game starts to allow me to proceed to matchmaking and spartan ops, but then changes its mind and decides to tell me I cant connect to servers.

It changes from showing thousands online to less than 300.

LAME :(

Sorry this didn't help.

mine is doing the exact same thing ive tried contacting xbox n they say there is nothing that they cn do aboutit. that they have ahrdly heard anything about it. this is the 4th day that it has been down on mine. says im n sr1 wont let me use my loadouts. cant access spartan ops. its even affecting my wapoint stuff. i went n tried to work on acheivements while waiting on this. i already had the shoulds for the secial armor. so went through and found all the terminals o i could get wiseguy n see the videos but it does not shw that i found any of them even th0ugh i have the acheivement now for finding them all. i cant even look at my service record on anything. i pay to have xbox live just so i can play halo. if im not getting my services im paying for i want some sort of refund its ***

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone,

There is a procedure that is posted in the Halo Waypoint forums for people with the server issue that you are having:

"When in this mode, it’s a good idea to relaunch the game on a regular basis, so you can reenter the regular hoppers as soon as they’re available."

This may be something to try. Also, when there is an issue connecting to a server, it never hurts to do a network hardware restart.

Sorry this didn't help.